• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Me and @mcb2007 are breeding. So if any of you on here are interested in a furry friend then let me en rob know. Near catlow bottoms.

/

that is uncledickturpin he is a real un, fast as owt. 

Edited by Nigelp
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

we are using the title 'for sale' loosely...we really just want to know who else is interested in ferrets. Early days of a new hobby. 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Nigelp said:

Me and @mcb2007 are breeding. So if any of you on here are interested in a furry friend then let me en rob know. Near catlow bottoms.

/

that is uncledickturpin he is a real un, fast as owt. 

Just to clarify WE are not breeding the ferrets are , I think we have reached the Catlow bottom now.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, mcb2007 said:

Just to clarify WE are not breeding the ferrets are , I think we have reached the Catlow bottom now.

I blame going through stubbins to reach ramsbottom. Its the paper mill see. Yes we just introduce the ferrets thats all. A bit like ferret match

• Haha 1

A few years ago I went to a charity fund raising ferret racing event. They "raced" through plastic tubes and you could bet on them, also buy a stake in one. Due to some canny strategic betting I ended up the "owner" of the overall champion. Had to give it back though.

It was a lot of fun. Main problem was when they lost interest and curled up for a nap halfway home.

Good luck with your ferret dating enterprise. Is there an app?

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, spinynorman said:

A few years ago I went to a charity fund raising ferret racing event. They "raced" through plastic tubes and you could bet on them, also buy a stake in one. Due to some canny strategic betting I ended up the "owner" of the overall champion. Had to give it back though.

It was a lot of fun. Main problem was when they lost interest and curled up for a nap halfway home.

Good luck with your ferret dating enterprise. Is there an app?

Thanks, that sounds great fun. No app yet, but if we can get enough interest we might see if we can sort one out. Its complicated at the moment. @BondandBigM will probably end up as our ferret exerciser because where he lives you can take them for a walk and still go in the pub with them. Which is a vital arrangement. 

@mcb2007 will probably end up as our Ferret Treasurer as he has established links with the supplier of ferrets on the cw forum. And ferrets are often hard come by, but we have established contact with a ferret smuggler on there who keeps them in the boot of his mother in laws car or thats what we think. What he actually told rob is "i keep the loot in my mother in laws boot". 

Me? Well my role is to ensure that when we get the ferrets which we know can take upto a year. That they can be paired up and trained to walk to the pub with bond. You see bond as only agreed to be ferret exerciser if he can walk them to the pub. Which is his local the "Cock and Balls Story Inn" near Washington upon Tyne. 

We need a few more members and we will be sorted. 

• Haha 2

Yep, we got Bill from a local ferret and terrier breeder, none of this fancy stupid money Kennel Club nonsense, just a big shed on his allotment and good sturdy little terriers and ferrets.

• Like 1

mad as a box of frogs as we say in yorkshire, and we know our ferrets just ask Richard Whiteley:laugh:

deano

Edited by deano1956
  • Like 1

'S funny really, when I was a kid in Sale, then Bury every other kid you spoke to had a ferret, now you hardly ever hear of them...

• Like 1

Rescue place we got a few of our cats from had a 3-legged ferret. He seemed friendly, until he got his teeth into your finger.

• Haha 1

Thanks for the replies. Im thinking we can make a go of this now and establish an rlt ferret club. The RFC eh. And weve got @deano1956 for proper advice from tother side of border in yorkshire. 

My yorkshire terrier tanya is from Liverpool shes scouse. I think the ferret that rob got last time might have been a scouser too. 

1595946524914-2100130975.jpg

Edited by Nigelp
  • Haha 2

Good idea, there are loads of rabbits and foxes, there has even been some pheasants in recent years on the waste land around my flat. Leo has turned out to be as fearless as Bill was, unfortunately he’s still in quarantine at Big M’s house, she left him there with her husband as we were away then the whole lockdown thing happened. 

:laughing2dw: :laughing2dw:

Not the first time I’ve went out early in the mornings and caught foxes slinking around the bins, evil looking things the way they just stare you down.

So ferreting could be the new hobby. 

:biggrin:

Edited by BondandBigM
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Biker said:

'S funny really, when I was a kid in Sale, then Bury every other kid you spoke to had a ferret, now you hardly ever hear of them...

Still loads of kids in Bury they are a real PITA most of the time ,all that running around and shouting .

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, mcb2007 said:

Still loads of kids in Bury they are a real PITA most of the time ,all that running around and shouting .

when I was in my late teens I had 2 pals, one had a girl friend and her dad was rich so he embarked on a mission to try and get her expecting, on the basis the family would take him in and make him rich. The other lad his girl was ordinary and i kid you not on that basis he swore when they got married no kids, on the basis he would have to pay for them you know school dinners, shoes etc. and would not have the incentive of becoming part of a rich family. My other mate he has a vasectomy when he was 19 because he kept ferrets down his pants. 

2 hours ago, BondandBigM said:

So ferreting could be the new hobby.

I think we have tapped into a ferret explosion of enthusiasm on the forum too. Closet ferreteers. 

I reckon this could be fun. 

Edited by Nigelp
  • Haha 1

@mcb2007...probably only you will understand this. But im getting that Dynamic and that ferret lol...and i will sort a few other things.:biggrin:

Thanks rob you made me think tonight. 

Im in a reasonable position now nationally to influence things. 

And i will have the 'ferret' sorted too. 

Edited by Nigelp
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Nigelp said:

@mcb2007...probably only you will understand this. But im getting that Dynamic and that ferret lol...and i will sort a few other things.:biggrin:

Thanks rob you made me think tonight. 

Im in a reasonable position now nationally to influence things. 

And i will have the 'ferret' sorted too. 

Splendid news 

• Like 1

So this new Ferret Club is a goer then ??

I can spot a dodgy Seiko seller a mile off so can I be the North East Branch chairs person then ???

:laughing2dw: :laughing2dw:

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, BondandBigM said:

You need a Ferret ???

I think mrb we have a few. :rolleyes:

Fortunately despite the best efforts of quiet a number, we have yet to establish a final outcome. It probably will not even reach hearsay. Surely mrb none of them will be daft enough to make that admission. :whistle:

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Nigelp said:

I think mrb we have a few. :rolleyes:

Fortunately despite the best efforts of quiet a number, we have yet to establish a final outcome. It probably will not even reach hearsay. Surely mrb none of them will be daft enough to make that admission. :whistle:

A few rats as well :yes:

2 hours ago, spinynorman said:

I want to buy a ferret. Budget is £3000, suggestions please.

Is it an investment ferret? If so, you're going to want a Rolex.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Boots said:

Is it an investment ferret? If so, you're going to want a Rolex.

Not sure if I want a Swiss ferret. Aren't they high maintenance? How long are the whiskers?

5 hours ago, spinynorman said:

Not sure if I want a Swiss ferret. Aren't they high maintenance? How long are the whiskers?

I think you need the ferret g Shock you can chuck it around without fear of any real damage .:thumbsup: