• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Hello, does anyone have any information about Behco Swiss watch? I have recently found this watch for sale but can't find any information about the brand. Thanks very much for your help. 

1 hour ago, Janko said:

Hello, does anyone have any information about Behco Swiss watch? I have recently found this watch for sale but can't find any information about the brand. Thanks very much for your help. 

Interesting - BeHco was registered to Behbehani Lausanne S.A in 1978 as a general trademark for watches and jewellery. It expired in 1999. The company appears to have been part of a group fronted by Pierre G. M. Chavannes, who is/was a general businessman with many other interests. The Behbebani trademark was registered in Switzerland in 1979 and expired in 2000.

Behbehani itself is a high end retail jeweller operating in the middle east.

https://behbehaniwatchworld.com/Home

The BeHco name appears on some, er, interesting designs. You may or may not appreciate the looks, but there's an ETA 2678 lurking inside this, which I guess would be enough to justify the Swiss Made label.

233070_970_51761_800.jpg

• Like 2

7 hours ago, spinynorman said:

Interesting - BeHco was registered to Behbehani Lausanne S.A in 1978 as a general trademark for watches and jewellery. It expired in 1999. The company appears to have been part of a group fronted by Pierre G. M. Chavannes, who is/was a general businessman with many other interests. The Behbebani trademark was registered in Switzerland in 1979 and expired in 2000.

Behbehani itself is a high end retail jeweller operating in the middle east.

https://behbehaniwatchworld.com/Home

The BeHco name appears on some, er, interesting designs. You may or may not appreciate the looks, but there's an ETA 2678 lurking inside this, which I guess would be enough to justify the Swiss Made label.

233070_970_51761_800.jpg

Hi, thanks for all this valuable information. I really appreciate it. 

I must say the design of my watch is very interesting indeed as well. I came across one very cheap in very reasonable condition recently, so I went for it. 

Don't know how to add a picture from my phone gallery. Sorry. 

Thanks again for your help. 

9 minutes ago, Janko said:

Don't know how to add a picture from my phone gallery. Sorry. 

You can't, you have to host the picture on another site, and paste the URL into your post here.

9 hours ago, spinynorman said:

Picture isn't showing on my android phone, though it does on my PC. Link to the watch details are here.

https://www.mywatchmart.com/listing/233070-vintage-behco-incabloc-day-date-automatic-preowned-swiss-wristwatch/

That's a very similar shape and layout (the same?) to my Mido Commander

48169038892_a61c4f6074_c.jpgMido Commander by Alex Bennett, on Flickr

• Like 1

1 hour ago, al_kaholik said:

That's a very similar shape and layout (the same?) to my Mido Commander

48169038892_a61c4f6074_c.jpgMido Commander by Alex Bennett, on Flickr

I think I prefer your Mido, the stainless steel looks cleaner. But I agree the design is coming from the same place.

I don't know where Behbehani were getting their watches, but they did seem to like unconventional designs.

I've just noticed the watch I linked to is for sale in India, so who knows what may have been done to it.

@spinynorman Agree, Gold isn't something I'm generally a fan of. I'm pretty sure Rado and Mido did some re-badging at one point, and this could be a case of that too. Slapping a design house name on a different dial and caseback wouldn't be out of the ordinary. 

• Like 1

So, for the cynical amongst us (me), Charles-André Genève with the CA logo was registered in 1978 by Gigantic SA of Rue du Mont-Blanc, Geneva. The company was founded in October 1927, sole director Paul Cattin, watchmaker, of Berne. The company name had been registered in May 1927 by Roger Henry, described as a "merchant", who donated it free of charge. Gigantic survived in some form until 1990.

On 29/07/2020 at 01:18, spinynorman said:

You can't, you have to host the picture on another site, and paste the URL into your post here.

16 minutes ago, Janko said:

I have uploaded the pictures to this flickr website and tried to share url here but no luck. Getting old for modern technology.. 

33 minutes ago, Janko said:

Yes :)

If you look on eBay for "Tressa watch", you'll find a lot of NOS watches, which have Swiss movements and "Crystal" on the dial, along with a number in a shield. The rumour is a warehouse full of them was discovered in Lebanon and is slowly being released onto the market. They're well made, if over-decorated for some tastes.

Your watch does look to me like a rebadged Tressa.

Edited by spinynorman

6 hours ago, spinynorman said:

If you look on eBay for "Tressa watch", you'll find a lot of NOS watches, which have Swiss movements and "Crystal" on the dial, along with a number in a shield. The rumour is a warehouse full of them was discovered in Lebanon and is slowly being released onto the market. They're well made, if over-decorated for some tastes.

Your watch does look to me like a rebadged Tressa.

I thought I had something special and unique. The more I learn about the watch, the more I'm thinking of getting rid of it to be honest. 

1 hour ago, Janko said:

I thought I had something special and unique. The more I learn about the watch, the more I'm thinking of getting rid of it to be honest. 

It's a well made Swiss watch, with an interesting background. You'll likely never see another.

Edited by spinynorman
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, spinynorman said:

It's a well made Swiss watch, with an interesting background. You'll likely never see another.

Unfortunately, that's how I feel about all my watches. Don't want to get rid of any, because of the reason you just mentioned. So I keep them all, and I'm struggling to keep them going. But in the meantime, I keep looking for new ones..

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Janko said:

Unfortunately, that's how I feel about all my watches. Don't want to get rid of any, because of the reason you just mentioned. So I keep them all, and I'm struggling to keep them going. But in the meantime, I keep looking for new ones..

Welcome to WTF, the watch collector's circle of hell. There are a few disciplined souls here who sell one for every one they buy, but they're a minority.  Stick around, you'll fit right in.

15 minutes ago, spinynorman said:

There are a few disciplined souls here who sell one for every one they buy, but they're a minority. 

BAN THEM!!! :angry:

:laughing2dw:

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, spinynorman said:

Where's the fun in that, compared to relentlessly taunting and mocking them? 

A good point mate - Mods: Please delete my previous post :laughing2dw:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, spinynorman said:

Where's the fun in that, compared to relentlessly taunting and mocking them? :laugh:

How do you know who's THEM? 

1 hour ago, spinynorman said:

They tell us. :)

What... the voices?    

NURSE!

• Haha 1