• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Bcasecollector

**WRUW** Wednesday July 29,2020

This today.......sorry about the quality of the pic..hope they might improve now my lightbox has arrived.

large.IMG_0006.JPG.24022e90013420fe2279167e619d3ece.JPG

Edited by Roger
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 2

Next...

ORIS (Artelier 7582 ), cal.623 (ETA 2859) 27 Jewels

ORIS-DSC_0257.thumb.gif.7d5e893a6c191645bfb2f1fb31174d59.gif

&

LONGINES (Heritage) Conquest, cal.L633 25 Jewels

LONGINES-CONQUEST-DSC_0258.thumb.gif.180bd9f3208d493cde99a1d7a038f43d.gif

:biggrin:

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Off to the Allotment and this is my usual work wear.

Over a year now and still going strong......£6  delivered...to me well worth all the mocking I got..large.IMG_0012.JPG.205f9fa72a81b1ed6a36359fd355e1a8.JPG

• Like 5

When ever i end up with an old KQ in the collection. I always but always end up giving in and wearing it all the time. No idea why, i just do. Theyre a bit like a throw back to the old 70s Technics hi fi. 70s glam cool and slightly scary in a gothic and dark way. Then suddenly in the 80s looked just Victorian. However like black centres and polished rims on a 911, the cool white slickness of the 80s died and the world being a little lost for style since 1989 has gradually returned to a 1976 "anything goes". Which means the KQs look great again...just like vinyl sounds great on my mates dads 1978 Technics that looks like that abbey on the hill in whitby. Where im going to ensure the bloke gets his fresh fish etc. Yep the Wall still sounds better on that old hifi off an old record than it does on the port in a BMW 750i...via an app. 

1596022891326-233384174.jpg

1596023578664974139873.jpg

Edited by Nigelp
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Afternoon change .. one with the dievas 1000m and a bit of day time lume :yes:

nEVtEta.jpg

• Like 4

My newly arrived from the States, Timex Dynabeat (led to believe from 1974).

50166237776_beac415869_b.jpg

No quickset date, unless there’s some unusual way of doing this?

Edited by DJJazzyJeff
  • Like 6

Another pair...

Буран, Poljot кал.3105 (модифицированный 3133), 17 драгоценностей

(Buran, Poljot cal.3105 (modified 3133), 17 Jewels)

BURAN-17-JEWELS--DSC_0082-31122009.thumb.gif.d5cf45ba4bb667d5c135993d13f3a07f.gif

ORIS  Big Crown Telemeter Chronograph, cal.674 (modified Valjoux cal.7750) 25 Jewels.

ORIS-CHRONO-DSC_0083-31122019.thumb.gif.46cf3cbb734dcf6c1954ab2a16d3c927.gif

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Nigelp said:

I thought when i saw the roamer it was a step up from sarb. Like a sarx, yes it reminds me of both. Im still struggling with just what to put the sarb on. The original bracelet was good but ugly and it marks the case. So its best place is the bin. Im thinking a shell codovan? Maybe a di modell genuine Teju? Im thinking the latter would go with the sarbs pure 1960s seiko cues. Thats what they did really with sarb and sarx. Raided the back catalgues for inspiration which was wise. The 60s were seikos best period. With the like of the Crown. Yes im thinking a genuine teju skin. 

I think they are fairly similar quality case wise, the finishing on the Sarx is just a cut above the two of them, I've the Sarx045 in midnight blue and the case & bracelet finishing is just excellent, can sit and look at it all day. Which has the best movement, not sure both good movements but the Roamer definitely has the nicer decorated out of the two and nicer looking than the Sarx, of course Seiko movement do tend to be good but rather plain looking around this price range. The Roamer also has IMO a better bracelet and the clasp is solid milled and just feels better/stronger, also has 7 micro adjustment holes, so one of the easier ones to get a good fit on the wrist and allow for any change in wrist size in heat/cold and eating tooo much in lockdown. :laughing2dw:

The natural colour in the shell cordovan would look nice, against the black dial, but a bit pricey. Is it a tan teju or black that you are thinking about, me personally i prefer tan with a black dials.

Because I’ve quite a few watches, I tend to use these straps a lot on quite a few of my watches, not too dear and they are a good fit for my wrist, they are not too long and don’t wrap to far around which some do and it annoys me when the end of the strap is almost all the way round your wrist, my fault for having small wrists. Also quick release so easier to change and less likelihood of scratching the lugs.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Berfine-Release-Leather-Oil-Tanned-Replacement/dp/B07MZ4N2D6/ref=sr_1_5?dchild=1&keywords=berfine+watch+straps&qid=1596036709&sr=8-5

• Like 2

Lastly for me today...

SEIKO (RLT modified) SKZ211, cal.7S36, 23 Jewels (made in April 2005) & ORIENT CEM65006D, cal. EM85CS, 21 Jewels

1483975401_SeikoOrientDSC_0009.jpg.b6b1a05d9d21bcf1f54239e493401191.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Graham60 said:

I think they are fairly similar quality case wise, the finishing on the Sarx is just a cut above the two of them, I've the Sarx045 in midnight blue and the case & bracelet finishing is just excellent, can sit and look at it all day. Which has the best movement, not sure both good movements but the Roamer definitely has the nicer decorated out of the two and nicer looking than the Sarx, of course Seiko movement do tend to be good but rather plain looking around this price range. The Roamer also has IMO a better bracelet and the clasp is solid milled and just feels better/stronger, also has 7 micro adjustment holes, so one of the easier ones to get a good fit on the wrist and allow for any change in wrist size in heat/cold and eating tooo much in lockdown. :laughing2dw:

The natural colour in the shell cordovan would look nice, against the black dial, but a bit pricey. Is it a tan teju or black that you are thinking about, me personally i prefer tan with a black dials.

Because I’ve quite a few watches, I tend to use these straps a lot on quite a few of my watches, not too dear and they are a good fit for my wrist, they are not too long and don’t wrap to far around which some do and it annoys me when the end of the strap is almost all the way round your wrist, my fault for having small wrists. Also quick release so easier to change and less likelihood of scratching the lugs.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Berfine-Release-Leather-Oil-Tanned-Replacement/dp/B07MZ4N2D6/ref=sr_1_5?dchild=1&keywords=berfine+watch+straps&qid=1596036709&sr=8-5

Ive the same problem my wrist is 6 inch so the end of the strap sticks out, in the end i went with a di moddel genuine teju in black, i had one on my skyliner and looking back i really did like it, a bit more exotic than normal calf. I could have got a rios or fulco codovan for a similar price, but looking at youtube videos, the look very smooth and a bit plain almost rubbery? The thing about di mod higher range is the special backing the wrist doesnt sweat (like prince andrew) they are lovely on. 

https://www.ukwatchstrap.co.uk/DiModell-Teju-Lizard-Black-Mens-G7.html

the was another option 

https://www.ukwatchstrap.co.uk/Fluco-Cordovan-Flat-Black-H.html

to be honest i felt like giving the sarb a bit of a classical vintage look like my skyliner had, and i think the cordovan would be a bit casual for that. I thought about a caracas but again its just calf. The Teju is just that bit special for the money and i think it will be an out of the usual look for the sarb, ive not seen anyone use one. The Teju really was something that seems to have been neglected beyond 60's watches, but it has such a strong exotic look which i think will go well with the sarbs sporty side too. We will see...

I love the sarx, but i even find the sarb on the limit at 38mm so the sarx would feel big. Thats why i usually go for vintage watches. The Sarb is a sweet spot i think its the fact that it is a honest thing. Shame speculators are pushing its price beyond what it should be. Its a bit early yet. Maybe in 30 years when it becomes a classic and rare like the pogue etc, then yes pay a classic price. But not yet. Its too early. Im hanging onto mine anyway so i guess i can be a bit scornful at the profiteers. Don't mind if its justified. I can see 300 in a king quartz, but conversely no one seems to want them, which is weird. 

the caracas 

had one on my sacm

somehow it felt a bit plain in calf, lovely strap, but in calf against genuine teju, they just dont seem to follow the wrist like genuine lizard does. Also the lizard ages more naturally the caracas is a heavily coated calf. 

https://www.ukwatchstrap.co.uk/DiModell-Caracas-Black-N9A.html

• Like 1

14 hours ago, mach 0.0013137 said:

Lastly for me today...

SEIKO (RLT modified) SKZ211, cal.7S36, 23 Jewels (made in April 2005) & ORIENT CEM65006D, cal. EM85CS, 21 Jewels

1483975401_SeikoOrientDSC_0009.jpg.b6b1a05d9d21bcf1f54239e493401191.jpg

Sublime :thumbs_up:

• Thanks 1