• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Lived with the Oris big crown date pointer for 24 hours and feel I have bonded with it . Always wondered what all the fuss was about with the bronze cased watches , different I must say and the patina has started already be interesting to see how dark it will get.

Comes in at40mm so hits my sweet spot 47mm lug to lug so sits nicely on the 7.5" wrist . Strap not too bad comfortable enough with a nice taper 20mm -16mm .

The chocolate dial Goes well with the bronze Case I think , not to everyone's taste but it's mine and I like it .

Go on be brutal I can take it .

d50e3e6486de8fc9681369b431eaf3ff.jpgb7d3ac46f2d1a36e3a53a159f7ff3c98.jpg1705878f81d577f91bf43efa8ae66003.jpg4f99beb7c12ccb9827d912dfb5cd2b99.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 17
  • Thanks 2

Hard to knock it really, qualities there, its a case of loving the vintage look and changing of bronze, it going to be marmite int it, but who wants to be boring. Yeh I like it and its the sort of watch i would want to look worse and worse, which is a bit invigorating for us lot. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, mcb2007 said:

You're right Nige it is a tad marmite in many ways .

either that rob lad or youve got them all blocked on here like i have, theres only me and thee talkin about it. :watch: either that or theyve all blocked me and thee mate. 

Plod on eh. Yeh i'll pick you up int morning and we will sort her out. 

Bring your knuckle dusters. 

• Haha 1

Na i will talk to anybody i am not proud :laugh:, to be honest i am in the

42 minutes ago, mcb2007 said:

Always wondered what all the fuss was about with the bronze cased watches

camp

its a nice watch, and i do like the chocolate dial, buit as said i have yet to appriciate patina :biggrin:

deano

• Like 3

I have a soft spot for oris pointer dates.   Personally the bronze cased watches aren't for me but I could get used to one of these.   

• Like 2

A very nice looking Oris , I agree the chocolate dial does go well with the bronze case , compliments it nicely IMO . Its different , but in a good way . Nice choice and a lovely addition to any collection .:thumbsup:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, bridgeman said:

It’s cousin says. Hi,pleased to meet you

large.C92A5510-6FB9-44D7-90B9-77DB794A0E1A.jpeg.0839ca37cbb830360e9a913e93e5fd5d.jpeg

I like the look of that , what size ? 36mm ?

34 minutes ago, deano1956 said:

camp

i never had you down as camp mate 

• Haha 3

Can't fault that, still an affordable iconic design that is different from anything else.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mcb2007 said:

I like the look of that , what size ? 36mm ?

38mm plus crown to 43...bought on steel but prefer the leather

• Thanks 1

Loving the bronze case and the brown dial pairs well. That said I’d prefer a lighter coloured dial for my personal tastes. Looks a nice watch though. Enjoy :thumbsup:

• Like 2

Oris make some very nice watches and are often underated and that one has everything you could want from an automatic Date watch, a very good choice in my opinion, it's a good looking beast.:yes:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Beautiful watch. I love bronze watches and considered this one. Not a fan of this kind of hour hands so i chose diferent one. The chocolate dial looks great. Brown or dark green are the best with a bronze case. 

Great buy. Congratulation. The more patina it will develop the more you will love it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

i really like that,bronze and beautiful brown dial go together very well,its a historically classy piece.enjoy in good health sir. i have a 40mm big crown pointer in stainless,its a keeper.

• Like 1

Lovely watch, well done. I had the burgundy dial one until my tastes changed and I flipped it.

• Like 1

I love everything about these watches apart from the red rotor......it’s just awful looking....I prefer the red and green dial to the brown....but it does look nice 

• Like 1

Lpvemine too... so many variants and they all seem to just work.

That's an awful lot of patina for a few days old to, what have you done to it!

IMG_20191221_120853

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Jonesinamillion said:

Lpvemine too... so many variants and they all seem to just work.

That's an awful lot of patina for a few days old to, what have you done to it!

IMG_20191221_120853

Love that blue dial pic doesn't do it justice , great choice. I've done nothing to accelerate the patina just never taken it off day or night ,must be sweat , blood and tears ( 710's tears lol ).

• Haha 1

I like it, something different and you aren't going to bump into one in the pub!

• Thanks 1