• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Watches that don't get worn

The only watches I don`t wear are those in need of a service or repair :biggrin:

Admittedly there are some of my collection that don`t get much wrist time but I have no intention at this time to let them go :nono::tongue:

• Like 1
  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You lot are all weirdos !  This is a good thing . I am merely slightly odd ...

I must admit that during all the COVID crisis  both the wife and I haven’t really bothered wearing watches , she because she can’t, working in the nhs and me as I can’t really be bothered ( no need re

BAN HIM!!! 

I’ve stopped wearing my only watch the Mudmaster due to going to Beaverbrooks and everything I tried on just looked like a toy on the wrist, I tried a 43 Tag Carrera which I liked, too small, a Tudor Bronze Bay 43mm looked a little bigger but strap was on the last hole and looked daft, 46mm Ocean Heritage 2, again looked small and the one before I went I wanted the 48mm super avenger, right size just didn’t like the look. I tried a few others but no nothing. I’ve decided to stop wearing it as I won’t be able to get passed comparing, and it is big so hopefully this will do the trick

• Like 1

I'm not bothered whether a watch gets worn or not, there's several I'm quite happy to see in the box. The question I sometimes ask myself is, how bothered would I be if I didn't own that any more? If the answer over a few weeks consistently comes back, not at all, then it'll probably go. Eventually.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I only have about 7-8 watches & tend to rotate between a particular 2 most days.
There's a couple that mean things to me for various reasons and I wear on the right occasions.
Then I've got a two birth year, 1986 swatches that I really like but rarely wear.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well...I was gonna start a new thread but this actually fits the bill (kind off). I’ve just returned from a week away where I took just one watch.

it was a watch that has not been on my wrist for approximately six months in fact.

The watch in question is my Dan Hodge! 

This is my ‘special’ watch and as such, spends most of it’s life sat on my dresser but after wearing it exclusively for seven days, I’ve fallen in love with it again.

• Like 3

I have 20 odd watches & during covid I have only worn 4 or 5 of them (not all at the same time). This is liable to change though & ones that haven't been worn for a while may well get a look in at some point in the future. I like having the choice :)

Edited by pauluspaolo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Likewise my mother has cabinets full of China and loads of plates on the walls - it is nice to collect things for a hobby and curiosity value.

But I do have one watch I seldom wear, nor would I think to display it - highly polished and well adjusted, for weddings and the like, and I think I should sell it really but, but, IT'S MY BEST WATCH!  Average daily rate +0.0 seconds over 2 weeks, maximum deviation over the measuring period 1.7 seconds.  How can I sell it ...

So yes, be the caretaker - and I send my watches to a chap who can source most things, and makes what he can't.  It can be expensive, but so are many hobbies - I used to run a hobby car - mgb gt - now I run a watch sanctuary!

• Like 1

I have several I don't wear much at all. Before being hospitalised, I got into the habit of pulling a few from my box and they would be the ones I wore until I fancied a change. That could be up to a couple of months. Be interesting to see how I feel when I get home again.

I have decided to sell a couple, but they are not particularly expensive, so will be offering them as forum fund raisers. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
On 31/07/2020 at 13:52, spinynorman said:

I'm not bothered whether a watch gets worn or not, there's several I'm quite happy to see in the box. The question I sometimes ask myself is, how bothered would I be if I didn't own that any more? If the answer over a few weeks consistently comes back, not at all, then it'll probably go. Eventually.

I dread looking at a watch and getting that thought "should I sell it?" because that means the answer is probably yes!  I even thought about selling my Nixon lefty 300m today, which can't be right ...  but the minute hand does annoy me a bit and the PVD looks prone to scratching ...  The Death Knell lol

• Like 1
49 minutes ago, WRENCH said:

I've moved on a good few over the last 6 months because I don't wear them

So far this year, 6 out and one in.

I sold 4 of my 8 CWs plus a couple of others, and added the MeisterSinger Metris.

Including vintages I'm down to 16...but they are not all being worn!

• Like 1

I wear all of my watches but wear some more than others, I wear my vintage watches less frequently, not because I don't like them, it's a durability issue. If I fall out of love with a watch it gets sold

• Like 3