• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Daveyboyz

Watches that don't get worn

The only watches I don`t wear are those in need of a service or repair :biggrin:

Admittedly there are some of my collection that don`t get much wrist time but I have no intention at this time to let them go :nono::tongue:

• Like 1

I’ve stopped wearing my only watch the Mudmaster due to going to Beaverbrooks and everything I tried on just looked like a toy on the wrist, I tried a 43 Tag Carrera which I liked, too small, a Tudor Bronze Bay 43mm looked a little bigger but strap was on the last hole and looked daft, 46mm Ocean Heritage 2, again looked small and the one before I went I wanted the 48mm super avenger, right size just didn’t like the look. I tried a few others but no nothing. I’ve decided to stop wearing it as I won’t be able to get passed comparing, and it is big so hopefully this will do the trick

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Nick Parr 1977 said:

I’ve stopped wearing my only watch

BAN HIM!!! :angry:

:laughing2dw:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I'm not bothered whether a watch gets worn or not, there's several I'm quite happy to see in the box. The question I sometimes ask myself is, how bothered would I be if I didn't own that any more? If the answer over a few weeks consistently comes back, not at all, then it'll probably go. Eventually.

• Like 1

I only have about 7-8 watches & tend to rotate between a particular 2 most days.
There's a couple that mean things to me for various reasons and I wear on the right occasions.
Then I've got a two birth year, 1986 swatches that I really like but rarely wear.

• Like 1

Well...I was gonna start a new thread but this actually fits the bill (kind off). I’ve just returned from a week away where I took just one watch.

it was a watch that has not been on my wrist for approximately six months in fact.

The watch in question is my Dan Hodge! 

This is my ‘special’ watch and as such, spends most of it’s life sat on my dresser but after wearing it exclusively for seven days, I’ve fallen in love with it again.

• Like 1

I have 20 odd watches & during covid I have only worn 4 or 5 of them (not all at the same time). This is liable to change though & ones that haven't been worn for a while may well get a look in at some point in the future. I like having the choice :)

Edited by pauluspaolo
  • Like 1