• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Rolex Rebberg Balance Staff Query

Hi Everyone!

Just trying to get some information on a Rolex Rebberg movement i am currently working on. The balance staff is broken and dont know if there is a replacement for these. The movement was apparently made by Aegler for Rolex, mine is the large gents version at approx 28.5mm in diameter or 13 ligne, and is the 7 jewel version with sub seconds hand

Some say this is the same company as Aegler Michel which Ronda does list a number for in their old book

Had a reply from one individual that they never made spares for these movements and my best bet is to obtain a second hand movement with a good balance in.

Just wondered what the consensus of opinion was on here.........

Of course if anyone has a spare movement / balance / staff they wish to sell..... :whistle:

Thanks for looking........... :rltrlt: 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Sounds like a plan, apolgies for the late reply...........

I havent measured the length of my staff yet, but i do have a Ronda x ref book from the 1960's, its very detailed so hope to get a close match, am also buying up some old movements to use for parts

It is surprising that such a popular watch has limited parts available, failing that i will have to make a new staff on the lathe, but thats a last resort.........

Hi guys,

If You ask me, the best option is always to make a new staff on the lathe. In old watches, one can never be sure that no changes were made to balance parts in previous repairs, and it is never clear if an original staff will  fit. Well, all depends on skills with the lathe, but with the practice, the skills will come.