• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

I feel that I have seen it all before, like groundhog day but with a differently named near-identical watch each time...  I so wanted the guy to say, "born in Britain, made in BRITAIN".

Sorry if I am being a bit mean here; I hope that the limited time discount price represents good value for money. Just one other thing; why does the commentator keep saying "Nauticus" when the watch is named "Nautica" on the dial?

I think for a Sellita powered sapphire crystal watch £299 is a good price.

Its a nice watch - but unfortunately it doesn't grab me in anyway. 

According to the Kickstarter - the watch is called 'Nauticus' what they say is named after legal case of Stena Nautica (No.2) - which let's face it isn't the most widely known of cases and doesn't have anything to do with watches - so that in itself seems a bit bizarre.

But as  Always Watching points out - the name on the Dial says Nautica.

In one of the replies to a question they say Nauticus is a masculine variant of Nautica - but it doesn't explain the discrepancy between the name on the dial and what they actually say the name is.

I hate to say it - but I get the feeling they're watch fans who have the desire to make their won watch - but probably not the experience in doing so. So in my mind they, and their backers, may find out its not all 'plain sailing' (to stick with the nautical theme :swoon:).

In fact, given the price, I wonder if they're selling at a loss!?

Edited by KAS118