• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

I've only worn Oakley sunglasses for as long as I can remember, I can't seem to find any other brand that suits my face shape (i.e. Fat! :laughing2dw:).

I previously had Oakley Five's, but a few years ago I found a slightly different style, called Oakley Ten's, which are a similar shape but a bit deeper, so they hide the bags under my eyes a bit better :whistle:

This is the only photo I can find at the moment:

20170702_120639

:thumbsup:

• Like 1
  • Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I once found a pair of raybans in a Jag XJR courtesy car i was loaned....and no its not strictly speaking theft. It meant the service on my sov saved me 50 quid in 1997. Raybans for me.  Oakley

So eventually    I fancied a change 

I have a couple of pairs of Oakleys. One pair that I use for running and other sports, basically doing anything where I need them to be anchored to my head and not go flying off!  Which they do really

34 minutes ago, al_kaholik said:

Perhaps different to the one that I have then. Black with a white drawstring and little Oakley tag sewn into the corner?

Yep that's what mine are in, I suppose you could give them a quick clean with it, I'd of preferred a hard case for them offers a bit of protection when I'm not wearing them something I'll pick up shortly when I'm in town. 

@Davey P

The Turbines I bought are bigger and a bit more square than the Raybans which is partly the reason I went for them. 

On 10/08/2020 at 19:14, BondandBigM said:

The Raybans come better packaged with a nice fairly hard leather case and cleaning cloth where as the Oakley's just have a soft nylon drawstring bag with no cloth. As usual imho the Raybans generally feel a bit more sturdy than the Oakley's but they are still a decent quality bit of kit and slightly cheaper than the Raybans were. 

Time will tell

But then Oakley wouldn't get to charge you another 20 quid for a Vault - which to be fair are very sturdy and at c£20 cheaper than they were a few years ago.

Edited by DJJazzyJeff
  • 1 month later...

I have a couple of pairs of Oakleys. One pair that I use for running and other sports, basically doing anything where I need them to be anchored to my head and not go flying off!  Which they do really well including fell running which is quite demanding on them. The other pair is just for casual things, walking, driving etc. I can recommend both pairs, great quality and look great.

• Thanks 1

I’d only ever purchased cheap cheap sunglasses, last year thought buy a nice pair, spent 130 on Rayban and went for the top lenses, everything looks bloody yellow and feels like I’m in the Matrix.... they work but I feel very weird after having them on for longer than 10 minutes

I once found a pair of raybans in a Jag XJR courtesy car i was loaned....and no its not strictly speaking theft. It meant the service on my sov saved me 50 quid in 1997. Raybans for me. 

On 03/08/2020 at 17:16, BondandBigM said:

My Raybans got savaged by Big M's daughters mutt and I've been looking for another pair. I have pretty much worn Raybans for as long as I can remember and always thought Oakley's considering what the cost somehow felt a bit cheap. 

I can replace my Predators like for like but I've seen a couple of pairs of Oakley that I like the look of. 

Any Oakley wearers out there, are the worth the extra couple of quid. 

oakley-sylas-black-matte-prizm-oo9448-06

Sylas 

oakley-gibston-black-prizm-black-iridium

Gibston 

ray-ban-2027-sunglasses-W1847-wm-angle.j

Or another pair of Predators

Can't make my mind up and no I won't buy all three even Big M won't fall for that one and cough up that sort of money. 

:laughing2dw: :laughing2dw:

Oakley come on mate is that your feminine side or does bigm have a say.

On 12/08/2020 at 14:33, Davey P said:

I've only worn Oakley sunglasses for as long as I can remember, I can't seem to find any other brand that suits my face shape (i.e. Fat! :laughing2dw:).

I previously had Oakley Five's, but a few years ago I found a slightly different style, called Oakley Ten's, which are a similar shape but a bit deeper, so they hide the bags under my eyes a bit better :whistle:

This is the only photo I can find at the moment:

20170702_120639

:thumbsup:

Thought so mate can bond borrow the blond wig and blouse too. Gourgeous love. 

• Haha 2
  • 6 months later...

Have been a Rayban devotee all my life , currently have 3 pairs on the go , keep a pair of Aviators in the Car , a pair of Wayfarers in the Moho and my general wear sunnies are a pair of Daddy O's RB2015 model , i used these for riding my motorbike for many years as they are tough and very close fitting(even use them shooting) but whilst on a touring holiday round Spain and Portugal i sat on and broke them , whilst in Gibraltar i looked for replacements but found none suitable , i ended up buying a pail of Bolle and it galls me to say it but they are the best wrap round Predator style glasses i have ever hadbar none