• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

WRUW - Thursday 13th August

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Morning Eterna 'Heritage Military 1939 Collection' (Cal: ETA 2824 2)  

Wearing my vintage Seiko 66-7100 this morning 

Citizen for me today 

Posted Images

29 minutes ago, Graham60 said:

Morning :)

Eterna 'Heritage Military 1939 Collection' (Cal: ETA 2824 2)

Eterna 'Heritage Military 1939 Collection' (Cal ETA 2824 2)

I should have bought that when TKmaxx had them on sale. :bash:

• Like 4

Morning,

Today this steel-cased Moeris, a brand founded in 1901 by Fritz Moeri.

This 21j auto version probably dates from the late 1940s, runs on an early incarnation of Felsa’s Bidynator, the Cal. 690 and is another example of mismatched jewel counts between dial and movement.

Regards.

Moeris 2019 2 v.2.jpg

Moeris Felsa 690 2019 v.2.jpg

• Like 9
28 minutes ago, WRENCH said:

I should have bought that when TKmaxx had them on sale. :bash:

Very true, one of my favourite watches, it's one of those watches where you need to see it in the flesh to really appreciate it, it's really hard to get a picture that does it justice. Wish I had bought the IP black one as well, the more I see pics of it the better looking it gets each time.

Maybe keep an eye on ebay, have noticed a lot of the bargains on TKmaxx end up there as some folk try to make a quick profit, but you might find one pop up at a reasonable price, there is an IP black one but they are asking £1200 for it, which is a substantial jump from TKmaxx price.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

One of my brothers & his wife are visiting from  Bournemouth & we are doing a tour of places the family frequented when we all lived here in the mid 50`s so I might not be able to do my usual multiple changes of wristwear so these are either my first or only pair for today*....

PROXIMA SM, SBBN017, SEIKO cal.NH35A, 24 Jewels

Proxima-17-05-19.thumb.gif.239cf241b6bae9a2a9c16d7d4a290a47.gif

&

SAN MARTIN MM, SEIKO cal. NH36, 24 Jewels 

San-Martin-17-05-19.thumb.gif.cde3080c3c85c35abf7e62de1e9bc58d.gif

* be not concerned - normal service will resume as soon as is convenient :tongue:

Well that didn`t last long, I`ve just decided to change the Proxima & San Martin over to these...

TUDOR HYDRONAUT II, 20030-93570 B3, ETA cal.2824-2 25 Jewels 

1486885763_TUDOR-HYDRONAUT-II-20030-93570-B3-cal.2824-2-25-Jewels-3.gif.647755abc754859dc77a2d30f0291c7e.gif

TAG HEUER super professional, ETA cal.2892-A2 25 Jewels, circa 1990s

Tag-Heuer-3.gif.b70d49f924da60f805b3fdc53f2ac480.gif

:rolleyes: :laugh:

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

One from the Fat Face collection today:

20190304_171918

A bit of a TW Steel looky-likey this one, and that's a good enough reason for it to be a keeper :thumbsup:  Thinking about slimming down the collection a bit soon, and flipping some of the ones that are not getting any wrist time.  I'll probably put them on ebay and not the sales corner though, as I doubt there will be much interest for... *gasp*... any f*shion watches on here... :laughing2dw:

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Balaton1109 said:

another example of mismatched jewel counts between dial and movement

Under counting on the dial? A sudden attack of modesty? :biggrin:

Mysterious Vitessa with its "Swiss Made" French Parrenin.

Vitessa Parrenin Z170

Edited by spinynorman
  • Like 5
29 minutes ago, Davey P said:

20190304_171918

A bit of a TW Steel looky-likey this one, and that's a good enough reason for it to be a keeper :thumbsup:  Thinking about slimming down the collection a bit soon, and flipping some of the ones that are not getting any wrist time.  I'll probably put them on ebay and not the sales corner though, as I doubt there will be much interest for... *gasp*... any fcontent://com.android.chrome.FileProvider/images/screenshot/15973135724241082781900.jpgshion watches on here... :laughing2dw:

Nothing wrong with a bit of fashion, this is one of my favourites, would never sell it.

57583137_131832494554663_2370668939182080000_o.thumb.jpg.9142fc26ad42d11b68ae0546e8989657.jpg

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Balaton1109 said:

another example of mismatched jewel counts between dial and movement.

I also have a watch with a mismatch, and like your's it's lower on the dial than the movement (substantially so). 17 versus 25. I have always assumed something a bit dodgy went on

large._T6A6391.JPG.5e5f9ebf13df2070d8baab1a0f213b38.JPG

large._T6A6393.JPG.c91b3de9445e50fc4272101382d873f6.JPG

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Davey P said:

I'll probably put them on ebay 

If you do there could be a biding frenzy as hard core watchaholics and horological museums around the world desperately try to get their hands on a watch actually owned & worn by the legendary Davey P :notworthy:

Volunteer Team Projects | LIHI Volunteers

:biggrin:

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, Jet Jetski said:

Nothing wrong with a bit of fashion, this is one of my favourites, would never sell it.

Not sure Breil would be classed as a fashion brand mate.  According to their Wikipedia page "Breil is an Italian luxury company of Binda Group. Its products include watches, jewels, eyewear, fragrances, and leather accessories"  I think fashion brands are better known for their clothing, in the case of Fat Face it would be casual wear like tee shirts and sweat shirts.  That's my understanding anyway.

2 hours ago, mach 0.0013137 said:

If you do there could be a bidding frenzy as hard core watchaholics and horological museums around the world desperately try to get their hands on a watch actually owned & worn by the legendary Davey P :notworthy:

If I didn't know better I'd say you were being sarcastic there mate.  However, I will brace myself for the inevitable bidding war, and probably upgrade the Porsche to a newer model when it's all over :laughing2dw:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
7 minutes ago, Davey P said:

Not sure Breil would be classed as a fashion brand mate.  According to their Wikipedia page "Breil is an Italian luxury company of Binda Group. Its products include watches, jewels, eyewear, fragrances, and leather accessories"  I think fashion brands are better known for their clothing, in the case of Fat Face it would be casual wear like tee shirts and sweat shirts.  That's my understanding anyway.

If I didn't know better I'd say you were being sarcastic there mate.  However, I will brace myself for the inevitable bidding war, and probably upgrade the Porsche to a newer model when it's all over :laughing2dw:

AZIF! :whistle:

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, Boots said:

I also have a watch with a mismatch, and like your's it's lower on the dial than the movement (substantially so). 17 versus 25. I have always assumed something a bit dodgy went on

large._T6A6391.JPG.5e5f9ebf13df2070d8baab1a0f213b38.JPG

large._T6A6393.JPG.c91b3de9445e50fc4272101382d873f6.JPG

I think it happened all the time, when assembling watches from whatever was in the parts bins lol- I had a Gradus that said 17 on the dial but was actually 19.  Probably last year's dial stock and a movement that came in a few days ago.  I think in some factories you just got what you were given.  Especially if you are on piece work - you won't hang around waiting for the correct parts to arrive.  You are going to make watches, and keep making watches!

2nd-moscow-watch-factory-slava-assembly-line.jpg

• Thanks 1