• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Refitting really tight case back with a press.

The case back was really tight to get off. In fact for me it was the tightest of all tight case backs.

Question is, having tried my usual methods, I'm going to have to use my press to try and refit it but the watch has a rotating bezel on the front, so is it safe to press against the bezel or should I remove it bearing in mind I'm going to have to use a lot of pressure?

Thanks.

I'm not an expert (understatement! :laughing2dw:) but I would say definitely do not press against the bezel.  Either remove it first, or if that's not possible, maybe select a die that fits outside the bezel and presses on the lugs only?  Please get more expert advice first though, as I don't know if there's a danger of bending the lugs using this method...  From my limited experience, you might be surprised how little force you need to get the case back refitted using the press.  Good luck anyway mate.

• Like 1

Thanks for your input Davey. Job done!

Actually the solution was forced on me. It's a big watch ''Infantry'', 46mm and 16mm deep. It wouldn't fit in the press so I placed the die, applied thumb pressure and gave the die a rap with my 'toffee hammer'. Luckily it popped in first time.

Probably saved myself a small fortune. It is digital/analogue with 2 batteries so you have to remove the circuit board etc as per Casio I believe. It would probably cost 3 times price paid for the watch to take it in somewhere.

Glad you got it sorted mate :thumbsup:

I've had a few of those 2-battery type watches, and although they can be a bit fiddly, a battery change is really not that difficult or time consuming.  Worth changing both batteries at the same time while you've got the back off IMHO, even if only one has gone flat.

• Like 1