• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Just seen the new Breitling "Endurance" light weight watches ....

2.7K for a quartz with matching strap, crown collar and dial rim ....

These just look like children's watches to me .... just a small touch could have made these so much more aesthetically pleasing .... :-(

• Like 1
  • Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Let's face it, we're old gits. That watch will probably sell by the bucket load. 

Got to keep up Zenith and their "Land Rover" watch. I wonder if it leaks oil, and bits fall off it every week ? 

Yuck,! Did it drop out of an Aldi Christmas cracker? 

5 minutes ago, JonnyOldBoy said:

These just look like children's watches to me .... just a small touch could have made these so much more aesthetically pleasing .... :-(

This thing ?

Breitling-Endurance-Pro-Triathlon-Superq

• Confused 1
13 minutes ago, Rotundus said:

Fugly even by brightbling standards :laugh:

Got to keep up Zenith and their "Land Rover" watch.

740.ZENITH_Defy-Land-Rover.jpg

I wonder if it leaks oil, and bits fall off it every week ? :laughing2dw:

• Haha 4
1 hour ago, WRENCH said:

This thing ?

Breitling-Endurance-Pro-Triathlon-Superq

yes did try to link a picture but I got the orange-no-can-do background ...

These are absurd looking watches for the money .... they look like arcade crane watches ...

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, JonnyOldBoy said:

.... just a small touch could have made these so much more aesthetically pleasing .... :-(

Such as?

To me they don't look any worse than a typical G-Shock.  Mind you, they're mostly hideous to my eye :laugh:

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, JonnyOldBoy said:

Mmm, like a couple of coats of Hammerite.

3 hours ago, WRENCH said:

Got to keep up Zenith and their "Land Rover" watch.

740.ZENITH_Defy-Land-Rover.jpg

I wonder if it leaks oil, and bits fall off it every week ? :laughing2dw:

Just like an old motorbike I had back in the day. Great when it ran...

I don’t mind the design, although it’s an acquired taste, but the price tag is too steep IMO, these will be going for next to nothing on the second hand market in a couple of years.

12 hours ago, rhaythorne said:

Such as?

if they lost the crown and button colours and replaced the dial rim colour with accents , not solid colour then for me, the watches would look "grown up" .. as opposed to something that would come free with a Lego Fire Station Set.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, JonnyOldBoy said:

if they lost the crown and button colours and replaced the dial rim colour with accents , not solid colour then for me, the watches would look "grown up" .. as opposed to something that would come free with a Lego Fire Station Set.

Lego wouldn't stoop so low !

• Haha 1

They look rather garish and cheap to me.

Colour done right can be fine - but its the whole overall design of the watch that is unpleasant IMHO.

Some of the older Breitling's are quite stylish - these are not 

I don't suppose it will come as a surprise to anyone here, but I like it...  :laugh:

As others have mentioned, it's possibly a bit steep at £2700, especially considering you can get this G-Shock for £2600 less:

20200806_143813

However, that's not really comparing like-for-like, so probably an unfair comparison.

12 hours ago, jizzle said:

I don’t mind the design, although it’s an acquired taste, but the price tag is too steep IMO, these will be going for next to nothing on the second hand market in a couple of years.

Not so sure, the Skyracer is going up in value, second hand prices at some dealers more than rrp

7 hours ago, JonnyOldBoy said:

I do actually like watches with just a bit of colour detail like a rim around the crown for example, but that Breitling dosnt look good at all, of course in the flesh things are always a bit different but i don think it would change my perception much tbh, they indeed may sell, but for me deffo not one of their better efforts!

They probably look far better in the flesh at normal size rather than the enlarged version in the photo. The other colours in the range look more subtle  and on a dark strap or bracelet they would look different - those bright straps are not aimed at us oldies,

• Like 1

They lack subtlety completely - yes, I know, it's a Brightbling, but even so they have somehow managed to make them look as cheap as a Pulsar, but a similar Pulsar is actually more tasteful and you can buy 32 of these for the same price*;

pulsar-pu2066x1-mens-sports-wristwatch-p

* on sale at HS Johnson atm.