• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Christopher Ward Super Compressor.

Thought somebody might have had this one up by now. Looks ok to me for the money.

Christopher-Ward-Super-Compressor.jpg

although my wife when handing me the CW magazine which came in the post with it emblazoned on the front cover informed me; " your Swatch catalogue has arrived ".

Review,

https://wornandwound.com/review/hands-on-with-the-all-new-christopher-ward-c65-super-compressor/

One thing I notice which I think is a bit cheeky considering the endless sales CW seem to have, is charging £10 to resize a bracelet if required when you order. 

Looks better on leather/rubber to me.

• Like 2

I love the look, especially the blue dial on blue strap version, but it's a shade too big for me.

What I found particularly interesting is that the "Super Compressor" principle is not entirely dissimilar from the technique employed by the far less complicated and much less expensive Vostok Amphibia.  And yet this new Super Compressor achieves a water resistance of only 150M compared to the Amphibia's 200M.

So a slam-dunk for the USSR then? :biggrin:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I saw these on the CW website yesterday when trying to access the forum, which isn't proving easy at the moment (no joy via the company website either). In this instance, I wasn't fussed about the word mark as the watch leaves me cold. CW's latest offerings seem to be getting a little lary of late. 

15 minutes ago, Caller. said:

I saw these on the CW website yesterday when trying to access the forum, which isn't proving easy at the moment (no joy via the company website either).

CWF was down for a couple of hours yesterday afternoon local time. IT manager told us there was a complete power out with the hosts. Company site seemed fine though.

2 minutes ago, AVO said:

CWF was down for a couple of hours yesterday afternoon local time. IT manager told us there was a complete power out with the hosts. Company site seemed fine though.

Sorry. My bad - I was trying to access the forum via the CW watches site. But it could just be the Internet where I am, although CW is the only site I (still) can't access. 

2 minutes ago, Caller. said:

But it could just be the Internet where I am, although CW is the only site I (still) can't access. 

Maybe. I’ve just checked the main site, forum and archive and they’re all up and running fine – from here! 

I was looking forward to it hoping they would go bigger, NOPE another kinder egg sized watch, 41mm it would look like I was wearing my wife’s watch, worse I like the watch, I do like CW but there largest is 43mm and they seem to be moving to 42mm and below, and yes yes I know this is the trend now, big wrists matter as well #BWM

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Never been a fan of CW, but I do like the blue version a lot. However, as previously mentioned, it's too small for the (my) larger wrist. 45-48mm would have been better for me. And a grand for the bracelet version is about twice as much as I'd be prepared to pay.

• Like 2

To be honest - I always wanted a Super-Compressor style watch - now I've got one I probably wouldn't want another. Trying to adjust the timing ring (whilst being worn) is a bit fiddly when out of the water - and repeatedly doing it is probably a way to bend the stem - in the water, with cold hands or diving gloves - I could imagine you'd just give up.

There's a good reason why uni-directional bezels are by far the popular method. 

19 minutes ago, KAS118 said:

To be honest - I always wanted a Super-Compressor style watch - now I've got one I probably wouldn't want another. Trying to adjust the timing ring (whilst being worn) is a bit fiddly when out of the water - and repeatedly doing it is probably a way to bend the stem - in the water, with cold hands or diving gloves - I could imagine you'd just give up.

There's a good reason why uni-directional bezels are by far the popular method. 

I agree with that, but this is how most will spend their time,

Christopher-Ward-C65-Super-Compressor-2.

Or for around £150,

818Purj7+oL._AC_UL1500_.jpg

• Like 4

Wow - I must admit my view about this watch has just gone up.

There are a lot os 'Super Compressor' style watches out there - but none currently are constructed in the actual true way so they become more watertight the deeper you go https://wornandwound.com/guide-super-compressors/ - until now.

According to this interview http://www.watchpaper.com/2020/09/07/christopher-ward-officially-confirms-it-is-a-super-compressor/?fbclid=IwAR25VVU-vJvl53BtLxxm7Al0_nC5C3ta43AyifhwSgr3fHROf4UxwMkyT4g this Christopher Ward is - so hats off to them.