• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Good morning watch lovers,  my vintage Zenith Deft automatic, cal 2552PC, circa 1969

Morning, During my last fortnightly visit to my watchmaker, he produced this Eterna Sonic. I don’t know who was more surprised  -  me, as it’s the first one I’ve seen in the wild, or him bec

Morning...   Circa 1970 VULCAIN EXACTOMATIC. Cal: MSR T56, 22 jewel.

Posted Images

Morning,

During my last fortnightly visit to my watchmaker, he produced this Eterna Sonic.

I don’t know who was more surprised  -  me, as it’s the first one I’ve seen in the wild, or him because knowing my liking of hummers, he’d fished this one out of his mysterious and seemingly bottomless TBDTETA* bag and all it needed was a new battery. Always accompanied by much grumbling, he’ll tackle just about any mechanical watch repair, but not hummers.

And so, for the price of a coffee and a token sum, here it is today.

It probably dates from around 1970, 35mm steel-cased and running on a 12j tuning fork movement which Eterna called their cal. 1550. In reality that’s a rebadged and more nicely decorated ESA 9162, a movement also found in the Omega f300 hummer and, as a little added bonus, this one still has its original signed crown.

Incidentally, any shadowing you see on the dial is of me and my steam-driven camera.

*Too bloody difficult to even think about.

Regards.

Eterna Sonic 2 v.2.jpg

Eterna Sonic 1550 v.2.jpg

Eterna Sonic inner case back v.2.jpg

• Like 15
  • Thanks 4

Good morning

This for the morning thanks to Roy. I was not buying any more watches but this one seemed lonely in the for sale section. I decided it needed rescuing and at the price of a couple of cups of coffee and a strap it's not broke the bank. [emoji16]

23f55bf3c08a808a8d3d17904ef70879.jpg

I am not buying any more watches. [emoji17]

Well maybe the odd one or two. [emoji16]

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, louiswu said:

Morning all.  Today I shall be wearing the exceedingly comfortable Perlon Nato strap

oh, and there’s an HMT Jawan on it:)

large.A54A0C1E-1F34-4357-AB38-4EF90B3E9E3D.jpeg.86081ac0df3b74e2b7744b73b32f1bcc.jpeg

Cheers

Nice one :thumbsup: 

I think I`ll join you with one of it`s siblings....

hmt pilot,cal.020,17 JEWELS

HMT-PILOT-1DSC_0043.thumb.gif.898ac551b00c5100c663e1e66ade08a7.gif

Plus something from the homeland of the old Empire... 

SMITHS PRS-29A,  ETA2801-2, 17 jewels

SMITHS-1DSC_0044.gif.78966cd37b24486069e4d43c1e933723.gif

:biggrin:

• Like 10

Wasn't going to bother today because it's old faithful again.  But found myself munging around with a shiny watch, bright sunshine, and a camera phone, so seemed churlish not too.

IMG_20200901_170050955.thumb.jpg.5afe5600a4d83818585fb4a0b972cb94.jpg

Hope you had a good day.

10 hours ago, Balaton1109 said:

Morning,

During my last fortnightly visit to my watchmaker, he produced this Eterna Sonic.

I don’t know who was more surprised  -  me, as it’s the first one I’ve seen in the wild, or him because knowing my liking of hummers, he’d fished this one out of his mysterious and seemingly bottomless TBDTETA* bag and all it needed was a new battery. Always accompanied by much grumbling, he’ll tackle just about any mechanical watch repair, but not hummers.

And so, for the price of a coffee and a token sum, here it is today.

It probably dates from around 1970, 35mm steel-cased and running on a 12j tuning fork movement which Eterna called their cal. 1550. In reality that’s a rebadged and more nicely decorated ESA 9162, a movement also found in the Omega f300 hummer and, as a little added bonus, this one still has its original signed crown.

Incidentally, any shadowing you see on the dial is of me and my steam-driven camera.

*Too bloody difficult to even think about.

Regards.

Eterna Sonic 2 v.2.jpg

Eterna Sonic 1550 v.2.jpg

Eterna Sonic inner case back v.2.jpg

Excelled even yourself today! Fantastic.

• Like 7