• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

New Rolex watches

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I always find it interesting when the perpetual and date just are referred to as " entry level". In the motorcycle trade the use of "entry level" is there primarily to make you feel a lesser being/che

I think 41mm is too big for the Oyster Perpetual but the new 41mm Sub looks really good

I am glad they released a homage of Steinhart watches.    https://www.steinhartwatches.de/en/diver-watch/diver-watch-39mm/ocean-one-39-green-ceramic.html   Honestly...

I don't get the excitement personally... given that you can't walk in and buy the products (and even if you could I wouldn't be rushing out for them)

I used to be a Rolex hater, then I changed and started to like a few of their watches but now because of the sales methods and stories about poor customer service I am starting to regard them like Apple (a company that will never see a penny of mine)

I don't dislike the releases but knowing how this plays out and that a different colour bezel is going to be adding thousands of pounds or the need to purchase watches nobody wants just to get on a list, I'm out.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, JoT said:

I think 41mm is too big for the Oyster Perpetual but the new 41mm Sub looks really good

My feelings exactly - I thought the 'old' 39mm version was airing on the large side to begin with. A move to 41mm, following the fashion of larger watches + bold colours to capture the younger market as an entry point in to the brand perhaps?

Watched a few videos of the new sub, apparently it wears smaller than the previous model. I'm torn between the no date version or the green bezel.

What usually happens to the 'old stock' of discontinued Rolex models? I'm guessing demand and prices increase?

• Like 1

I always find it interesting when the perpetual and date just are referred to as " entry level". In the motorcycle trade the use of "entry level" is there primarily to make you feel a lesser being/cheapskate. Out of the Rolex catalogue they are the only two that interest me, simple three handers, and it's nothing to do with price. My mate bought a 36mm perpetual and the sales girl told him it was a woman's watch, and asked if was a gift for someone special. He replied "Yes, it's for me, and if you don't cut out the subtle upselling, I'll go somewhere else."

Got that off my chest.:laughing2dw:

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, WRENCH said:

I always find it interesting when the perpetual and date just are referred to as " entry level". In the motorcycle trade the use of "entry level" is there primarily to make you feel a lesser being/cheapskate. Out of the Rolex catalogue they are the only two that interest me, simple three handers, and it's nothing to do with price. My mate bought a 36mm perpetual and the sales girl told him it was a woman's watch, and asked if was a gift for some special. He replied "Yes, it's for me, and if you don't cut out the subtle upselling, I'll go somewhere else.

Got that off my chest.:laughing2dw:

Can't disagree with that. I've had my oyster over 30 years and it's only 34mm.  I looked for quite a while to find one without the date feature. 

• Like 1

Phew nothing in the new range for me , either wrong size , wrong colour , too expensive precious metals, i will stick to my 41, & 42 sizes & colours & models( entry level ish) i have thak you. but there is one that eludes me :biggrin:. so now the new ones are out may be some used one on the market ? and some of the older models about ?i dont rave about rolex it makes watches thats all it means to me, although i do really like the watches i have as much as my others  .

deano

Edited by deano1956
  • Like 1

Hmmm, first thoughts are another crap year from Rolex.  Adding 1mm to the Sub, replacing the perfectly sized 39mm OP with a 41mm in truly ghastly colours and some gold Sky-dwellers that no mere mortal can afford.  Move along, nothing to see here folks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
4 hours ago, zapot said:

What usually happens to the 'old stock' of discontinued Rolex models? I'm guessing demand and prices increase?

It'll go to the people still on the waiting list :laugh:, unless it runs out, in which case they've been on the waiting list for something that they quite literally cannot buy :laughing2dw:.

As for the new releases, it's just more stuff I will never buy. Interesting in a new watch release kind-of-way, but whatever. Couldn't afford any of it anyway, even if it was actually for sale in a shop. You know, like when you go into a shop to buy something and you are treated courteously with good customer service as you would expect to be treated and to treat others, where the staff are actually half interested in serving you with what you've come in to buy? "What a quaint notion" I hear you say. :tumbleweed::laughing2dw:

Just now, BondandBigM said:

Possibly the secret of their success 

:whistle:

:biggrin:

I've got some Tulip bulbs that all look the same, if anyone is interested? :laugh::laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I thought that all these watches were supposed to be available in the shops today, so disappointed by the lack of actual videos or photos on the web at the moment.  Maybe I'm being impatient and they'll appear in a day or two, but I'm sick of the stock photos already!

• Haha 1
49 minutes ago, GASHEAD said:

I thought that all these watches were supposed to be available in the shops today, so disappointed by the lack of actual videos or photos on the web at the moment.  Maybe I'm being impatient and they'll appear in a day or two, but I'm sick of the stock photos already!

Someone posted a pic on Twitter with a new LV on his wrist so somebody must be getting them. It’s unlikely Rolex would launch new models and have no stock.

You've got to love Rolex Haters

Wittering about unavailability, new model being just the same, their business model, bad service yada yada and then they say even if they were available they wouldn’t buy one anyway.

:hmmm9uh:

Why they bother to bump their gums on various social media outlets and lose sleep over it I’ve no idea.

:laughing2dw: :laughing2dw:

• Haha 1