• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Is Green still a thing?

Great thread and I reckon that green can be a very good colour for watches. I was aware myself that green as a watch colour has been given some publicity over the last couple of years or so, but I doubt it will ever be THE colour of majority choice. I notice that all the watches shown so far on this thread have pretty sober shades of green, but even quite vibrant greens can really make a watch "sing". 

• Like 2

I’m not a fan of green unless it’s grass, just never liked it, saw the new Tag Heuer Carrera’s yesterday, they have a green version. 

it’s just a personal thing, but boring like blue and black with a little bit of red and or gold. 

2 hours ago, Karrusel said:

Similar model (at a much higher price) is available from another manufacturer. :tongue:

Yep correct,  a real one and not an overpriced Micky Mouse copy from another manufacturers with no R&D, no budget, no design team and no original ideas.

I suppose from a distance some blind people might be fooled by them.

:whistle:

:laughing2dw: :laughing2dw:

• Haha 2
5 hours ago, rhaythorne said:

Green's been a fashionable colour for watches since the 1950's.  I can't see any reason why that would change now.

I recall buying green dialed field watches for hiking in the early 90's - usually Timex. They weren't much kop though.