• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Hi, looking for a bit of help, I’m after a new watch for running, biking swimming etc, not a Garmin etc.

I did Like the look of the new Breitling endurance pro but found the cost a bit off putting, that and my wife would divorce me.

Any alternatives people would like to suggest?

Thanks.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If my wife would confirm the divorce, I'd place an immediate order.

Running, cycling AND swimming?? Perish the thought! I say tuck a vintage pocketwatch into your waistcoat, don a stout pair of brogues and a bowler, and go for a nice stroll instead    

Posted Images

You`re probably aware or maybe not but theres a recent thread on these watches.

It does seem a lot for an outdoor pursuits watch, your wife has a point,:tongue: but everybodies budget is different, cant recommend anything as its not a field i`ve really looked into so sorry.

• Thanks 1

I often wear my garmin on one wrist and a g shock on the other when out running. Sometimes an automatic although I do worry how wound its getting out on the run. Can't really go wrong with a g shock I think. Nice and light too, you won't realise it's there. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Definitely a G shock. Been using this one as a running watch for the last few years. Nice size for a g shock, sets to the atomic clock overnight and solar powered. Old pic showing countdown timer which is useful for interval training.

large.20171225_124415.jpg.7daf0be2e2e6223ff277de25d8959a39.jpg

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Gregash said:

Hi, looking for a bit of help, I’m after a new watch for running, biking swimming etc, not a Garmin etc.

I did Like the look of the new Breitling endurance pro but found the cost a bit off putting, that and my wife would divorce me.

Any alternatives people would like to suggest?

Thanks.

If my wife would confirm the divorce, I'd place an immediate order.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
2 minutes ago, louiswu said:

Running, cycling AND swimming?? Perish the thought!

I say tuck a vintage pocketwatch into your waistcoat, don a stout pair of brogues and a bowler, and go for a nice stroll instead :)

Why Sir ?

1*gpuil2v9o24ytBOsL_ZghQ.jpeg

• Like 2

Another vote for G-Shock from me, and there are millions to choose from, so it should be quite easy to find one you like. Depends how much functionality you need, or want, but they seem to cover most of the usual stuff like stopwatches/alarms/countdown timers etc.  Another option (still Casio) would be one of their ProTrek range, which are also tough and loaded with functions.  Most will be under 200-ish quid, and some are a lot cheaper than that.

Well I know you said not a Garmin, but my Fenix 6 is brilliant, gps, maps you name it, it seems to do it, plus it has sapphire glass. The downside is the LCD screen but, it works best under full light conditions. I bought the Garmin with Oled screen and yes it looked lovely. But it wasn't always on and very hard to read in sunlight.

Another popular tracking brand is Withings and I have the new Withings with ECG, pulse rate and O2.

I just ordered the red Bteitling Endurance for £2095

I always wear my Garmin on my right wrist and my normal watch on the left wrist

Edited by odyseus10
On 09/09/2020 at 14:13, Gregash said:

You are taking the wrong approach with your wife. You should point out that very few sportsmen/women wear a watch while actually playing. Try pointing out that Raphael Nadal wears a Richard Mille when playing tennis but these cost over $500k. Then mention that Stan Warwrinka wears an AP Royal Oak but these are upwards of £20k. Now you follow up with the incredible value of the Breitling at the giveaway cost of just over £2k.

How could she say NO? :OyVey:

• Haha 2
  • 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Gregash said:

What’s ur point? I asked a question and got the answers I wanted. What do u want a card and a cuddle!

Well dun u :sigh:

You got the answers, contributed nothing and didn't bother posting back to thank anyone for giving you the answers. A bit of courtesy wouldn't go amiss, no?

What did you go for in the end?

• Thanks 1
26 minutes ago, it'salivejim said:

You got the answers, contributed nothing and didn't bother posting back to thank anyone for giving you the answers. A bit of courtesy wouldn't go amiss, no?

I’d like a card and a cuddle, infact just settle for a cuddle :wicked:

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, Nick Parr 1977 said:

I’d like a card and a cuddle, infact just settle for a cuddle :wicked:

I’ll take the card, just give me the PIN and make sure it’s got a few thousand in credit. 

• Haha 2
23 hours ago, it'salivejim said:

What do u want me to contribute? A song or a poetry recital?
I thanked the initial couple of replies via the emojis on each post, then I had to disappear abroad for work. 

If ur offended by the coldness of the internet perhaps stay off it.