• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

omega or breitling?

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Ford Mondeo was a good all rounder too. The trouble is that, like the Seamaster, they seemed to be everywhere.  They're boringly ubiquitous.  Show a bit of flair, imagination and individuality and

As @WRENCH says, buy the one you like better.   Just make sure it says Omega on the dial. 

42mm Breitling Super Ocean on a bracelet (pic from Goldsmith's)  

Posted Images

I'd definitely look at the Superocean Heritage on mesh if I was in the market for this type of watch - disclosure (i was and that's what i bought)

Of those two it's tough, the Omega is a classic and has the 'Bond' connection however the Superocean is a little different to the norm and looks fantastic with the blue dial.

I'd probably go with the Omega as I already have the SOH but if I didn't I'd have to try both on and make my decision based on comfort and 'feel'

If you decide (wrongly) on Breitling, I suggest a trip out to Bicester Shopping village, the discounts there are pretty good. I can't tell you exactly (but normally 15-20%) straight off, more if you haggle.

Boss wouldn't let me near the watch shops last time we went though....

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Richard734 said:

If you decide (wrongly) on Breitling, I suggest a trip out to Bicester Shopping village, the discounts there are pretty good. I can't tell you exactly (but normally 15-20%) straight off, more if you haggle.

Boss wouldn't let me near the watch shops last time we went though....

Bisto Village is a dangerous place... 

Omega all day long.

I bought a "new" Seamaster from Goldsmiths sale just before latest wavey Seamaster came out.

I wear the Seamaster fairly frequently but my head got turned by a vintage Speedmaster and really love the Speedy.

At around same time I spotted a great buy on a Tag Carrera 1887 but hardly wear it. Should have kept my hand in my pocket and saved the dough for another Omega.

I would buy a preloved Seamaster to get a feel for the watch

The 50yr anniversary GMT Seamaster is on my radar.

Good luck.