UK Watch Forum banner

Phylida TinTin Chronograph

5K views 16 replies 11 participants last post by  PC-Magician 
#1 ·
This lovely Chronograph turned up this week from China.

Spec:

• Brand Name: PHYLIDA

• Water Resistance Depth: 7ATM

• Clasp Type: Bracelet Clasp

• Movement: Mechanical Hand Wind

• Band Length: 20cm

• Case Material: STAINLESS STEEL

• Feature: Stop Watch

• Feature: luminous

• Feature: Chronograph

• Feature: Luminous Hands

• Model Number: SP-31

• Band Width: 20mm

• Case Thickness: 14.5mm

• Dial Window Material Type: Sapphire Top Hat Crystal

• Dial Diameter: 40mm

The Watch is heavily based on this fantastic Omega, and as an Omega collector I can really appreciate the design.

Omega-tintin.jpg

It uses the well known ST19 handwind movement which is a clone of the Venus 175 movement.

Handwinding is smooth and the hand setting has a nice resistance to it, the dial is nicely done but the lume is not great, its ok but not stellar.

Top hat saphire crystal is stunning and suits this Watch very well indeed, the case is nicely machined and finished with no sharp edges and has a display back to show the movement in all it glorry :yes:

The bracelet is pretty well made with solid end links and pins for link adjustment which is very easy, the clasp has a divers extension not sure why as I wouldn't take any chrono diving no matter what the water resistance, the end links do have some over hang which makes the lug to lug appear longer than it actually is which is a shame but not a major issue.

Time keeping is excellent as you will see from some pictures, it does have a little beat error but does not warrant any adjstment.

Any Problems?

Yes one :angry: but it has been corrected :clap:

When using the chronograph it would stop as the chrono seconds hand hit the 12 marker but not all the time, on investigation I discovered the the Detent spring was applying too much tension to the minute recorder wheel so I made a slight adjustment and all was well, but just to be sure i had the chrono running overnight and the following morning it was still running and keeping excellent time. (Pretty sure this is a one off) so just my luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I could have sent it back but I observed that they were selling out so did not want to risk not geting a replacement and only my money back.

An interesting thing to note about the brand name, there is an actress who is well established called Phyllida Law and is the mother of Emma Thompson, who would have thought?

Would I buy another?

Yes I would but buying from china you have to expect some QC issues probably 9 times out of ten your ok.

Prices seem to be rising on these so if you want one get one now or wait for another sale.

Pictures.

IMGP0047.jpg

IMGP0049.jpg

IMGP0057.jpg

IMGP0052.jpg

IMGP0051.jpg

IMGP0061.jpg

IMGP0058.jpg

IMGP0035.jpg

See less See more
#5 ·
I'll be more blunt than @JoT

It's just another cheap borderline fake Chinese knock off probably made in the same sweat shop as the fakes.

I've no Idea why anybody would buy one then talk it up like it was some sort of good deal especially someone who is purportedly a bit of a WIZ, you do your credentials no favours.

:rolleyes:

#6 ·
I'll be more blunt than @JoT

It's just another cheap borderline fake Chinese knock off probably made in the same sweat shop as the fakes.

I've no Idea why anybody would buy one then talk it up like it was some sort of good deal especially someone who is purportedly a bit of a WIZ, you do your credentials no favours.

:rolleyes:
Not interested in your er opinion.

#7 ·
Well...I quite like it, yes it is a total rip off of the Omega, but they made a pretty good job of it.

I'm not sure about the name...Phylida, the first thing I thought was it sounds like a nasty bacterium that you get on holiday... Staphylococcus Phylida, Cryptosporidium Phylida...if you see what I mean.

But....it's a really bonny watch, and I'm sure that most watch enthusiasts will break their neck to see what you're wearing.

Homage watches tend to polarise opinions, I'm happily sitting on the fence with this one. :yes:

#8 · (Edited by Moderator)
Nice, I might consider getting one, no doubt certain members of the forum will have something negative to say about that but it`s just...

[IMG alt="Water Off A Duck's Back Photograph by Debbie Oppermann" data-ratio="75.00"]https://images.fineartamerica.com/images/artworkimages/mediumlarge/3/water-off-a-ducks-back-debbie-oppermann.jpg[/IMG]​

to me :tongue:​

#15 ·
Nice, I might consider getting one, no doubt certain members of the forum will have something negative to say about that but it`s just...

Water Off A Duck's Back Photograph by Debbie Oppermann

to me :tongue:​
I used to work with someone called Andrew Mallard, and found it ironic that he could not take criticism.

Reactions: spinynorman
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.