• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

How to wind a Vacheron Constantin 1972 small asymmetric?

Hi Everyone,

I love V-C, so I just bought a couple of V-C 1972 asymmetrics in white gold and yellow gold.  Everything good, except that these are supposedly manual winding watches, yet on neither can I get the winder to work.  This model (NOT the larger Prestige de la France) has a winder that is very close to the case, almost sunk into it.  I can't turn either. 

Yes I can pull out the winder and set the time, but I'm scared to force to winder. I have for now just been setting the time, and wearing them and they work for a while, but not long.  I bought one from Italy and one from Portugal from reputable dealers so I don't think this is simply a fault......as it is both of them.

Can anyone help please?

Thanks, Barry.

1 hour ago, scottswatches said:

can you run your finger along the bottom of the crown to turn the crown and wind the watch?

Thanks I did that and it kind of worked for one of the watches.  The other is just too stiff.  I will try to upload pix!  Thx.

• Like 1