• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

I’m looking at purchasing a Tudor Pelagos with a little dealer discount. I’m very tempted as price is good but the only thing that bothers me is it is the left hand drive model.

Would this affect resell or trade in value? Just want opinions please. 

14 hours ago, Philz said:

I’m looking at purchasing a Tudor Pelagos with a little dealer discount. I’m very tempted as price is good but the only thing that bothers me is it is the left hand drive model.

Would this affect resell or trade in value? Just want opinions please. 

If you wear you watches on your right wrist, then it's fine

But if you normally wear a watch on you left wrist then I think you will quickly realise you have made a mistake

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, JoT said:

If you wear you watches on your right wrist, then it's fine

But if you normally wear a watch on you left wrist then I think you will quickly realise you have made a mistake

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous. 

11 minutes ago, Alpha550t said:

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous. 

large.20200913_120644.jpg.fa53839eee043455a1e9d643181f6c24.jpg

• Like 1

I have a blue one as well as LHD. I guess I wear the blue one more but the LHD is more stylish with the roulette date wheel. Another reason I don't wear the LHD quite so much is I don't want the number to wear off. It has never really bothered me having the crown on the wrong side. 

For a right-handed person wearing their watch on the left wrist, there is some logic in having the crown on the right hand side of the watch because it gives easier access to the crown for the right hand hand.  My personal feeling is that with automatic and quartz watches, the logic is not so strong because one is not regularly winding the watch manually, and would tend to use the crown mainly for setting the watch. I myself usually take off a quartz or automatic watch to set or correct the time/date, and actually prefer to wind up hand-wind watches off the wrist.  In conclusion then, for me it doesn't really matter which side of the watch the main crown is situated.

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, relaxer7 said:

Tempting with a grand off but I wouldn’t personally. I found it horrible using the crown with my left hand. 

Seriously, I am ambidextrous, I tend to write mostly with my left hand, but most other things are done right handed. I always wear a watch on my right wrist. I have a couple of left hand crown watches, and I wind them and set the time etc with my right hand with the watch upside down.

• Like 1
On 19/09/2020 at 14:14, WRENCH said:

Seriously, I am ambidextrous, I tend to write mostly with my left hand, but most other things are done right handed. I always wear a watch on my right wrist. I have a couple of left hand crown watches, and I wind them and set the time etc with my right hand with the watch upside down.

Guess that’s the answer. Save a grand and set it upside down! :0

• Haha 1