• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Muhle Glashutte Owners' Club

I have the 29er, lovely watch, really keen on the simplicity of it. looks good ont he bracelet, but i think it looks better on a nice leather strap

59 minutes ago, Polyfun said:

Nice to see another Muhle Glashutte. I have recently bought a Panova Blau and am considering their 29er with the white dial. 

• Like 2
20 hours ago, vokeyuk said:

I have the 29er, lovely watch, really keen on the simplicity of it. looks good ont he bracelet, but i think it looks better on a nice leather strap

This has been in my 'watches I desire' folder for as long as I can remember. Definitely a masterclass of simplicity that works so well. 

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, Caller. said:

This has been in my 'watches I desire' folder for as long as I can remember. Definitely a masterclass of simplicity that works so well. 

its built like a tank too, though doesnt feel it - if that makes sense. one of my more elegant pieces

• Like 1

Strap is going to be changed,the deployant clasp digs in my eight inch wrist,and I’m thinking of having the hour and minute hands painted white.

23 hours ago, Polyfun said:

Nice to see another Muhle Glashutte. I have recently bought a Panova Blau and am considering their 29er with the white dial. 

I was torn between the two,the light dial is lovely .

10 minutes ago, Bonzodog said:

Strap is going to be changed,the deployant clasp digs in my eight inch wrist,and I’m thinking of having the hour and minute hands painted white.

I was torn between the two,the light dial is lovely .

id be afraid that with my eyes i couldnt see yhe hands ;) i prefer it on a leather to be fair. good luck with it, hope you enjoy it.

• 2 weeks later...

I would post an image of my Panova Blau, but the forum won't let me insert an image from a URL - neither Dropbox or Google drive URLs seem to work. When I click "Insert into post" the URL field changes to red and nothing else happens. Oh well, I assume it is because I don't have sufficient posts yet.

I am considering getting the 29er Zeigerdatum with the blue textile strap, but I can't find any dealers near me (Cheltenham, UK) where I could try it on; I am little concerned that it will be a bit big for me, at 42.4 mm. - the Panova is 40 mm, so the 29er is bigger, and heavier (104 g compared to 79g). I suppose as quite a small company there is not much representation of Muhle Glashutte in the UK.

The other option is to buy online and use the 30 return refund policy (Jura, CW Sellors, First Class Watches). Does anyone have any experience of these refunds - does it work out OK? Of course I would need to keep all the stickers etc in place when trying the watch on. I don't think it would take much once I have it in my hands to decide whether to keep it.

I am also bearing in mind that there is a window of opportunity before the end of the year for buying from the EU., after which I assume there will additional charges (customs etc) and possibly delays - who knows?

I only started with mechanical watches in August, and I have bought two since then. But I think I am now hooked; maybe I need to slow down the rate at which I am acquiring watches, as I can only wear one at once!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...