• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Pick the winner - Men's Iconic category (GPHG)

Choose your winner - Men's Grand Prix d’Horlogerie de Genève (GPHG) -   

35 members have voted

1. 1. Money no object, which would you wear? More categories daily

• Breitling
    • Bulgari
    • Girard-Perregaux
    • IWC
    • Piaget
    • Seiko

This poll is closed to new votes

I agree none of those are exactly iconic, but, of all the watches in the three categories we've seen, the GP Laureato is the only one I'd be quite comfortable to own and wear. Although I might have to take a razor blade to the GP at 12 and replace it with a baton. :laugh:

The Seiko could be iconic, in that it's as ugly as all the other Seiko divers. :jawdrop1:

1 minute ago, spinynorman said:

It's nice that someone did.:tongue:

It's in joint 1st position in the pole with the GP and IWC, so there are a few other members on here with similar impeccable taste to me.... :yahoo:

56 minutes ago, spinynorman said:

The Seiko could be iconic, in that it's as ugly as all the other Seiko divers.

I like quite a few Seiko divers but for me the dial looks overwhelmed by the bezel and outer casing on this one.

1 hour ago, Davey P said:

It's in joint 1st position in the pole with the GP and IWC, so there are a few other members on here with similar impeccable taste to me.... :yahoo:

Well, one other. You shouldn't be misled by percentages on a small sample. Anyway, the fat lady hasn't even started to clear her throat. :yes:

59 minutes ago, richy176 said:

I like quite a few Seiko divers but for me the dial looks overwhelmed by the bezel and outer casing on this one.

It's the big white blobs and fat hands I don't like. I do understand they might be needed at 50 fathoms, but I'm not planning to go down there, even by accident. :teethsmile:

We need a deep sea diver emoticon. 

IWC for me please .. though I’d like a black dial and no cutaways.   

The more I look, the more I’m finding the Piaget mildly acceptable - but the model name at 8 is just too modern and funky for me.