• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Could I wear the Seamaster 300 "Great White" with smart/business casual?

This is the watch I really feel in love with after seeing it in person at the omega boutique, I actually wasn't even interested in the watch going in. Wanted the speedmaster professional, but this watch just grabbed my eyes in person over the speedy. 

I don't wear a full suit most days unless there's something really serious that calls for it, just a button up dress shirt, usually with a sports jacket and chinos with dress shoes. This watch is very sporty already as a dive watch, but the rubber strap makes it even more so. I'm not sure if it's appropriate to wear for this watch. I can see some rubber straps be ok like the aquanaut, who will say it's not ok to wear it ever haha, but wasn't sure about this watch. It's not too thick imo, and could probably slide under the cuff fine.

What do you guys think?

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don’t pay much attention to dress or casual,just wear what I like.

I disagree, have you ever been on a shoot, including a grouse moor ?   Very civilised, suitably attired with matching jacket & plus four breeks, breakfast at venue to include Buck’s Fizz or

A wetsuit?

Just now, Nick Parr 1977 said:

No picture of the watch, for me no issue the rubber straps fit with the casual wear and the pure fact it’s an Omega and it being a more grown up watch will go with the suit. 

some people I expect may not but times are a trendy now

I added a hyperlink to the omega site.

2 hours ago, Andrew0409 said:

This is the watch I really feel in love with after seeing it in person at the omega boutique, I actually wasn't even interested in the watch going in. Wanted the speedmaster professional, but this watch just grabbed my eyes in person over the speedy. 

I don't wear a full suit most days unless there's something really serious that calls for it, just a button up dress shirt, usually with a sports jacket and chinos with dress shoes. This watch is very sporty already as a dive watch, but the rubber strap makes it even more so. I'm not sure if it's appropriate to wear for this watch. I can see some rubber straps be ok like the aquanaut, who will say it's not ok to wear it ever haha, but wasn't sure about this watch. It's not too thick imo, and could probably slide under the cuff fine.

What do you guys think?

I think you can wear just about anything with smart/business casual, certainly no problem with wearing the Seamaster 210.32.42.20.04.001 !

• Like 1
2 hours ago, JonnyOldBoy said:

Unless you are going grouse shooting I would say its a perfect watch for just about anything .... 

I disagree, have you ever been on a shoot, including a grouse moor ?

Very civilised, suitably attired with matching jacket & plus four breeks, breakfast at venue to include Buck’s Fizz or pink champagne. After drawing of peg’s one is driven to peg (rotating 3 stands on each drive) via Range Rover (naturally), accompanied by your loader (following in old Land Rover) who also carries your weaponary, ammunition, shooting stick, phone, & constantly  refills ones hip flask.

After a more than adequate lunch break (provided by host) repeat as morning drives, one barely dirties their brogues.  Then post-mortem in large stone flagged hall with acres of more hot food & copious amounts of embalming fluid.

The OMEGA would be more than acceptable ol’ boy!

Standards!!

• Haha 3
40 minutes ago, Karrusel said:

Very civilised, suitably attired with matching jacket & plus four breeks, breakfast at venue to include Buck’s Fizz or pink champagne. After drawing of peg’s one is driven to peg (rotating 3 stands on each drive) via Range Rover (naturally), accompanied by your loader (following in old Land Rover) who also carries your weaponary, ammunition, shooting stick, phone, & constantly  refills ones hip flask.

After a more than adequate lunch break (provided by host) repeat as morning drives, one barely dirties their brogues.  Then post-mortem in large stone flagged hall with acres of more hot food & copious amounts of embalming fluid.

Standards!!

Sorry have to disagree old boy, Rubber and Tweed, definitely not 

Unless it’s a upper class sex party :laugh:

24 minutes ago, Nick Parr 1977 said:

Sorry have to disagree old boy, Rubber and Tweed, definitely not 

You really must try & get out more.

Tweed teamed with ‘rubber’ La Chameau boots or wellington type (Hunters for the loader & beaters) can & will be deemed de rigueur at such events.

As I said, OMEGA with rubber band would be perfectly acceptable.

:)

• Haha 1
7 minutes ago, Karrusel said:

Tweed teamed with ‘rubber’ La Chameau boots or wellington type (Hunters for the loader & beaters) can & will be deemed de rigueur at such events.

Don't forget the Barbour. Loaders and beaters will have new ones.

prince-charles_2506266b.jpg

2 minutes ago, WRENCH said:

Don't forget the Barbour. Loaders and beaters will have new ones.

Probably, given to them by the ‘guns’ as they know, as a garment, they are completely useless for the task in hand. :yes:

:biggrin:

Don't follow rules, break them.

I have happily worn £3000 watches while driving a £400 car and wearing a £80 Asda suit.  I couldn't care less what anyone thought.  (IWC, Alfa 145 cloverleaf. George suit)

@Karrusel if anyone mocked my B&Q wellies on a shoot, they would find their range rover with lead shaped holes :tongue:.  Never take the mick out of someone holding a firearm.

7 minutes ago, scottswatches said:

@Karrusel if anyone mocked my B&Q wellies on a shoot, they would find their range rover with lead shaped holes :tongue:.  Never take the mick out of someone holding a firearm.

Yes, my shooting ability has been mocked many a time, even when holding a gun...

Obviously they felt safe should I take umbrage.

:biggrin:

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, Karrusel said:

Standards!!

Not on Rubber dear boy ..... for Grouse it has to be leather .... made from a recently deceased mososaur ....

7 minutes ago, JonnyOldBoy said:

Not on Rubber dear boy ..... for Grouse it has to be leather .... made from a recently deceased mososaur ....

Okay, best you inform HRH William of his continuing in your opinion, social faux pas.

:laugh:

• Haha 1

Buy it on the bracelet if you’re unsure and you can always add a rubber or nato later. Plus, if you ever have to sell, it’s always going to be easier with the bracelet.

Lovely watches and I’ve been thinking about trading my 2254 for the blue version for a while but I just can’t seem to let it go!

• Like 1