UK Watch Forum banner

Pick the winner - Men's Chronometry category (GPHG)

815 views 18 replies 11 participants last post by  Teg62x 
#1 ·
Choose your winner - Chronometry Grand Prix d'Horlogerie de Genève (GPHG) -
Money no object, which would you wear? More categories daily
Armin Strom522.73%
Bernhard Lederer29.09%
Brivet-Naudot29.09%
Ferdinard Berthoud1045.45%
Moser313.64%
Theo Auffret00.00%

#3 ·
More of a challenge this one
I would agree with that, Scott, mainly because it's difficult to know what bits of chronometric magic the watch is actually boasting. So I will go purely on looks, and the only one I would be remotely tempted to wear is the Ferdinand Berthoud because it looks like a normal watch. No idea what else it does...

The Eccentricity one is well named. I couldn't cope with a watch that I have to stare at in puzzlement to work out the time. Yes, I know I wear a Meistersinger but that's easy! The others at least have some form of legible dial, though telling the time seems to be of secondary significance on some. Ars gratia artis?

#8 ·
I'm with George Daniels edict...

"The most important thing in building a watch is the aesthetics, foremost being able to read the time"

Therefore, if pushed, it would be the Ferdinand Berthoud.

Which muppet made these selections, do they get paid?

"Gis A Job"

:biggrin:

#13 · (Edited by Moderator)
The Armin Strom is actually their new entry level watch. My grail watch of theirs's is at the other end of the scale. When I first saw the watch face, I was puzzled about what was opposite the actual dial. I'd certainly like to see it in the flesh, as at the top is the mini rotor that powers the watch and I'm curious about how I would get on with that being on the watch face in reality.

MB&F do lots of collaborations with other companies, but the one with Moser has to be one of the oddest. I'm not a fan of the latter - unlike most - so that put's me off a bit.

I will go with Armin Strom.

Edit - forgot to mention, if you go onto the Armin Strom website, you can do some limited configuration with different coloured dials, straps etc.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.