• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Good morning! Vintage Omega Dynamic mk1 'Bullseye' circa 1969

This today

Posted Images

Painting today (GLOSS!!!)

So no watch today other than the ghostly imprint of where a watch once was, and pale skin where the sun doesn't reach.

I'd normally wear my Casio 'beater' while doing DIY, but no watch deserves a glossing.

Have a great day guys (when I say guys, I actually include any 'gals' in that term, and any person who does not associate themselves as male or female )  Was that pc enough? :biggrin:

61BYnJB-a1L._AC_UY1000_.jpg

Should have been this, could have been this, would have been this, but gloss mist from a roller???. 

Edited by tick-tock-tittle-tattle
typo
  • Like 8
  • Haha 3

Morning :)

Was going to wear this the other day but it had stopped (been in the dark for a while), so put in the light for a day to charge, but didn't work. Left it for a few days and still didn't seem to work. Started thinking might have to go to the expense of getting a new movement, but then when looking at troubleshooting problems with solar chronos found out you need to reset the movement before it will work again, hey presto worked. Breathed a huge sigh of relief, really didn't fancy fiddling with the small sub dial hands with my eyesight these days. :laughing2dw:

Orient 'Neo 70's Horizon' Solar Chronograph WV0021TY (Cal: Seiko V172)

1622589304_OrientNeo70sHorizonSolarChronoWV0021TY(CalSeikoV172).thumb.jpg.9d341eb743307e74461cb17ac433c289.jpg

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2
13 minutes ago, Graham60 said:

Morning :)

Was going to wear this the other day but it had stopped (been in the dark for a while), so put in the light for a day to charge, but didn't work. Left it for a few days and still didn't seem to work. Started thinking might have to go to the expense of getting a new movement, but then when looking at troubleshooting problems with solar chronos found out you need to reset the movement before it will work again, hey presto worked. Breathed a huge sigh of relief, really didn't fancy fiddling with the small sub dial hands with my eyesight these days. :laughing2dw:

Orient 'Neo 70's Horizon' Solar Chronograph WV0021TY (Cal: Seiko V172)

1622589304_OrientNeo70sHorizonSolarChronoWV0021TY(CalSeikoV172).thumb.jpg.9d341eb743307e74461cb17ac433c289.jpg

Sub dials, what sub dials ?

• Haha 1

Not seen this rascal for a while, still ticking, Harwood powered Organa (by Selza SA):

IMG_20200924_083504935(1).thumb.jpg.1362c8808cad9e51bd0950497de50185.jpg

These crop up with brands from Selza registered as far as currently known between the twenties and forties, which ties in with Stern's assertion that Selza were involved from the start, 'and after ' with production of Harwood powered watches.  Stern is the editor of Walter Flume's work to re-translate the book of erstwhile technical head at Rolex (Emile Borer) "Contemporary Watch Repair and Correction" back into German, so I am banking on him knowing his onions.  Interestingly, the word Automatic is always in the same font, regardless of branding.

Luxor and Solix branded, also by Selza:

Harwood luxor automatic, ladies 1930s

s-l1600.jpg

So pretty good evidence of serial production.

Edited by Jet Jetski
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 2

My first pair for the day...

OMEGA Railmaster, CO-AXIAL CHRONOMETER, cal.2403 27 Jewels & ALPHA, cal.ST-16(?) 21 Jewels.

1527534846_OMEGARailmasterCO-AXIALCHRONOMETERcal.240327JewelsALPHAcal.ST-16()21Jewels..gif.113a41e47c6d4fae4f469b2229408141.gif

Neither of which were previously owned by our man from somewhere south of London :biggrin:

Nice Doxa btw :thumbsup:

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1