• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

New release from the house of Tudor ,got a 70/80s feel about it looks like a revamp of the Rolex oyster date quartz model .

Case size 38mm and 41mm the 38 mm is date only , I think the 41mm will look like a chunk of metal but the 38 mm would just about hit the sweet spot .

It's a tad marmite I keep going hot and cold on this one, starts at£1700 fir the date only to £3000 for the two tone .

What's your opinion on it ,I'd love to see it in the flesh .

9ca73d132f3bb152a8a19ee922bc2a88.jpg26748edb02c7460cd2a17aeccd7cb5d6.jpg59e2e6f4b91780e35740c4b422e37e91.jpg

And the Rolex oyster for comparison.

1fa80215d23e59a6adbeed4421df695c.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Its another Tudor "slab" ... lazy lug profiling to fit the wrist meaning it just sits there like a patio tile ... add to that the fact that it looks like it belongs on the wrist of Ed Bishop, Peter Wyngarde or Omar Sharif means its a no-no for me .... Tudor have lost the plot of late ....

• Haha 2
8 hours ago, JonnyOldBoy said:

Peter Wyngarde 

I would say more Jason Bentley,

jason_bentley.jpg

Problem with the Tudor would be where to get matching blue velvet Loon Pants. Luckily, I know where there is a supply of 1960's new sold stock. :laughing2dw:

• Haha 1

have never got past tudor being the poor mans rolex - and this is just a reinforcer of that for me.

they may have sort of been going in the right direction ( i still didnt like their offerings but thats irrelevant here) but this is a boris standard u turn.

whinge over , more cheerful stuff to follow hopefully 

2 minutes ago, WRENCH said:

You could try this ?

tudor-m12310-0013.png

change the hands , get rid of the contrasting date and the rolex bezel and we might be getting somewhere :laughing2dw:

I don’t like Roman numerals on a dial so it’s not for me. Nor do I like the day complication.
The blue dial is very nice though and looks far better with just the date:thumbsup:.
Get rid of the Roman numerals and use batons or numbers and that would be my choice at either size

1 hour ago, WRENCH said:

You could try this ?

tudor-m12310-0013.png

I have been looking at that Tudor style With the smooth in 38mm silver dial, prices are all over the place £1300-1850.

I don’t mind a poor mans Rolex :laugh: 

Just now, WRENCH said:

What a lot of fuss pots. :laughing2dw:

3tyFBkzAKMDGwxkf0yNceAii-PPTJl0GBSLq6KqL

2 questions please @WRENCH, 1 of which is less important.

Question 1, not important but feel I need educating ‘Who is that? 

Question 2, most important what the fudge is that in the background and is the person trying to do on the statue....... looks wrong, very wrong, very very wrong 

4 minutes ago, WRENCH said:

Brian Sewell, and the man in the statue is getting off a 1953 Vespa Allstate.

I feel I have just proven how uneducated I actually am :sorry:

Off to google Brian Sewell and the statue, in shame I might add

Edited by Guest

Another copy without imagination from the big brother. Anyway,I would love 38mm with day and date, white and black dials with Roman numerals . At least they put normal shaped crown with a shield logo,not the rose one.