• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ladies and gentleman the watch has landed.    Finally after many many many many months I made a decision.    Let me present the Breitling Seawolf  Recommendations on a alternate str

@Nick Parr 1977 Seriously, that looks a great size for your wrist. Compare this wonderful picture of my granddad. Even in his 70s he had Popeye arms and massive wrists, but of course the wat

Thank feck for that, I’d held my breath for so long I nearly passed out.   Good choice  Enjoy

Posted Images

That is a real statement piece; quite a forceful design.:biggrin:

I agree with you that an alternative option for the bracelet might be a good idea although I am not quite sure what I would choose. With regard to the bracelet on the watch as shown, I must admit that I have never really liked those steel bracelets where the attachment to the lug is by the narrow centre portion of the bracelet width.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Always"watching" said:

That is a real statement piece; quite a forceful design.:biggrin:

I agree with you that an alternative option for the bracelet might be a good idea although I am not quite sure what I would choose. With regard to the bracelet on the watch as shown, I must admit that I have never really liked those steel bracelets where the attachment to the lug is by the narrow centre portion of the bracelet width.

Agreed and thank you, just feel I need a different strap so casual look and then the bracelet, would really like a black and red strap but they stopped doing them and can’t find one 

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, rhaythorne said:

Oh, I forgot, blue Shark skin for the alternative strap.

I will have a look, like the sound of it

Just now, AVO said:

@Nick Parr 1977

I really hope you love it! Good looking watch.

How's the size for you?

Would you believe after all my troll wrists comments it needs a link out, will post a pic

• Like 1

@AVO in terms of size to wrist, it still feels a bit on the small side but I think the Super Avenger would look like I’m trying to hard, I’m undecided to be honest, I do like it and should get a better idea when I get it sized. 

Not that I’m an undecided person it’s only took me over a year to pick a watch

• Like 2

@Nick Parr 1977

Seriously, that looks a great size for your wrist.

Compare this wonderful picture of my granddad. Even in his 70s he had Popeye arms and massive wrists, but of course the watch choices weren't there in the '60s and early '70s. (He died in 1974, aged 76). He wore a Smiths watch on a hair-snatcher strap. I adored the old guy!

624563230_Album5003.thumb.jpg.51463b8bb8b1054c5db5a853e42842a4.jpg

• Like 9
2 minutes ago, AVO said:

@Nick Parr 1977

Compare this wonderful picture of my granddad. Even in his 70s he had Popeye arms and massive wrists, but of course the watch choices weren't there in the '60s and early '70s. (He died in 1974, aged 76). He wore a Smiths watch on a hair-snatcher strap. I adored the old guy!

He looks like a grandad everyone deserves and the watch looks good on him

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, AVO said:

@Nick Parr 1977

What a great photo, proper old school cool, what looks like a really nice day and still sat in his shirt and tie.

:)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
10 minutes ago, BondandBigM said:

What a great photo, proper old school cool, what looks like a really nice day and still sat in his shirt and tie.

Grandma and Granddad started going on holidays when they retired and joined an old folks' club (in their 60s!). They hadn't been away much - being young in WW1, raising kids in the Depression, then WW2 working on munitions. For about 8 years they went on these coach trips March and September all over the UK. I think that was taken in Devon on a boat trip. And yes, Granddad almost always wore a tie.

Sorry @Nick Parr 1977, didn't want to hijack your thread!

Edited by AVO
  • Like 2
10 minutes ago, BondandBigM said:

It’s very sad but true that they don’t make them like that anymore, the photo of the next grandads will be tattoos, hoody and spliff

2 minutes ago, AVO said:

Grandma and Granddad started going on holidays when they retired and joined an old folks' club (in their 60s!). They hadn't been away much - being young in WW1, raising kids in the Depression, then WW2 working on munitions. For about 8 years they went on these coach trips March and September all over the UK. I think that was taken in Devon on a boat trip. And yes, Granddad almost always wore a tie.

Sorry @Nick Parr 1977, didn't want to hijack your thread!

Not a problem, if it’s going to be high jacked let it be this post, I don’t know for anyone else but that photo just transports me back to thinking of my grandad

• Thanks 2
26 minutes ago, Nick Parr 1977 said:

Not that I’m an undecided person it’s only took me over a year to pick a watch

Dread to think how much longer it would have taken you to have picked a decent watch. :bash:

Seriously - that looks good.

• Haha 3
3 minutes ago, richy176 said:

Dread to think how much longer it would have taken you to have picked a decent watch. :bash:

Seriously - that looks good.

I appreciate brands can be marmite or just not as appreciated by some and there seems to be camps for different watches to sit in, for me Breitling gave me the size and style of I had 2-3 more grand then I would have looked at a new Omega at 45.5mm but really happy and now the search starts for a strap :wicked:

Edited by Nick Parr 1977
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, Nick Parr 1977 said:

Yes it has quite an impressive depth rating

Noooooo!   That was a trick question! Heat, expansion, steam, softened seals, don't do it!  See the spots on the lume ....

IMG_20200810_234130331(1).thumb.jpg.67b2e1ae6a70d696ebb61972f1d05902.jpg

Luckily once a watch is 25 years old people tolerate a bit of patina, as they can see it has not been re-dialled.

But hot water, heat, and steam are a foul combination for your waterproof seals.  Take it from your Uncle Jet.

2 minutes ago, Karrusel said:

Can someone please watch this for me and tell me if it's any good, first?  Thanks.  J.  :laugh:

• Haha 1