• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Just launched a new Kickstarter campaign!

Maison Héron is a prestigious watch brand based in Montreal.

Can you show us what else you have produced to earn this prestige?

Specifications like 500M-1640FT, Helium Release Valve, 120-minute click Ceramic Bezel are only found on models that range between 5000$ - 10,000$. 

Really? How come I can point you to a British company that has been producing watches with these features for several years and selling them for under £1000 GBP.

Good luck with the project, but please do your research.

Edited by AVO
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Karrusel said:

Can I have some of what your taking!

CW Tridents. OK, if you want the 1000m WR with HRV, it will cost you a bit over £1000. (£1250 was the original price for the Elite, I believe).

However, minimum 600m and 120-click ceramic bezels are standard on the Tridents, and they start well short of £1000.

The first HRV watches were well under £1000.

Edited by AVO
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, AVO said:

CW Tridents. OK, if you want the 1000m WR with HRV, it will cost you a bit over £1000. (£1250 was the original price for the Elite, I believe).

However, minimum 600m and 120-click ceramic bezels are standard on the Tridents, and they start well short of £1000.

The first HRV watches were well under £1000.

Thanks for the correction  :thumbsup:

Apologies, my final comment was directed (badly) at the OP.

• Thanks 1

@Karrusel

No problem, Alan. I love some of the sweeping statements in these Kickstarter pages.

When you are producing yet another fairly generic diver, you do need some kind of marketing hyperbole/BS to get people on board. Especially when they live on watch forums and I’ve seen it all before. :laugh:

• Thanks 1

I get that you're excited to launch something, but dude, this is an ultra generic divers watch. 

All the fuss over a ceramic bezel?  Wow! You're only a decade late to the party.  Sapphire glass?  Simply inspiring.  A cutting edge Swiss made.... oh, Ronda movement. Invicta will be panicking then. 

Those are NOT snowflake hands. Remove that from your description, go away and learn a little about what you're on about. 
I know you've ripped off the Pelagos design (with Sub style plots) but the hands are not the Tudor snowflake, they are simple Arrow hands.  They get that name from being shaped like.... yeah, you're ahead of me aren't you?  (it's arrows).

If you came up with a moderately interesting design I'd applaud you. Indeed this is an interesting design, but you were beaten to it by every dive watch made since about 1950. 

(sorry).

Edited by kevkojak
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Karrusel said:

£3870....really ?  :swoon:

Can I have some of what your taking!

:(

That's the amount that's been pledged to the whole project though isn't it?  I didn't notice a proposed cost of the watch.

It was worth a quick read though.  I learned a new word!  "Sempiternal".

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, mach 0.0013137 said:

As far as I can see it`s a totally unoriginal design :rolleyes:

As for the £3870 price,I presume the decimal point was accidently  put in the wrong place.  a couple to the left would seem more likely :tongue:

Why do people keep misquoting the price? It's doesn't cost  £3870 – that was the amount pledged to the whole campaign, now up to £7,380.

The watch will cost about £550 after conversion from CA$.

I agree with everythign else though – it's a bit meh!

• Like 1

As others have said on here, there is nothing that stands out on this one (which, to be fair, is quite common on a lot of Kickstarters).  The name alone is enough to stop me buying it, and the dreadful write up which is full of utter BS doesn't help either:

"As mentioned before, it was inspired by the Sturgeon Submarines; the infamous nuclear-powered submarines that were used by the Navy since the 60s. Their quality, precision and vigor were what made them great and the Sturgeon watch is no different".  Really?  Say Sturgeon to most people, and I'd guess they will say either (1) a fish, or (2) an annoying Scottish politician :laughing2dw:

It's a nice looking watch, but I don't think that is enough in such a competitive market - Sorry! :(

• Haha 1

£550 for the early birds is a pretty decent price I reckon. £925 or so full price seems a bit steep against some stiff competition from the likes of the CW C60 Trident Pro for a couple of hundred quid less.

As for originality, it's no worse than a lot of watches that get posted here in the WRUW threads every day.

The somewhat pretentious marketing spiel puts me off though.

1 hour ago, it'salivejim said:

Why do people keep misquoting the price? It's doesn't cost  £3870 – that was the amount pledged to the whole campaign, now up to £7,380.

The watch will cost about £550 after conversion from CA$.

I agree with everythign else though – it's a bit meh!

1529319681_(9).gif.afe0a84ffed674bd901653320fba0cf8.gifmy mistake rolleyes.gif.f35b9f2c1ab0715a2071258670961709.gif

• Like 1