UK Watch Forum banner

Monday Watch

2K views 39 replies 17 participants last post by  Jet Jetski 
#1 ·
Morning, this one:

See less See more
#2 ·
Morning, apparently one of these was strapped to a dog's leg on Sputnik 4. I wondered why the scientist didn't strap it to the manikin, also on board.

Watch Analog watch White Light Clock

Well the reason could be that, although the dog returned safely with the capsule, the manikin was ejected at a height of 7 km!

As were Gagarin and Tereshkova, descending the final 20 000 feet by parachute.

30mm screw case Pobeda.

HAGD

Attachments

#18 ·
Morning, apparently one of these was strapped to a dog's leg on Sputnik 4. I wondered why the scientist didn't strap it to the manikin, also on board.

View attachment 24933

Well the reason could be that, although the dog returned safely with the capsule, the manikin was ejected at a height of 7 km!

As were Gagarin and Tereshkova, descending the final 20 000 feet by parachute.

30mm screw case Pobeda.

HAGD
I dont think tanya would be keen on that lark. Would they have chucked the dog out if the doll had been wearing the watch.

Dog Vertebrate Liver Mammal Carnivore

@Roger the Dodger im now going tramping. Shame to much the motor up. Bloomin nuisence after its been cleaned and it chucks it down and famer giles has been out to play on his tractor. Gleaming and the roads will be covered in shi1te. Being a tramp can be a hard job.

Watch Analog watch Vehicle registration plate Clock Wrist

Automotive lighting Hood Automotive design Motor vehicle Silver

Natural material Liver Feather Fur clothing Animal product

@Roger the Dodger edit muck the motor up. Rog how do i edit on here now mate.

Attachments

#6 ·
Morning,

An unappealing prospect when bought as a beat up non-runner and missing its seconds hand, but the Oberon name was enough to give it a chance. Made by the surprisingly under-documented company started by Erwin Rudolf in 1951, the original Oberon company seems to have become inactive by the 1970s.

This one dates from the '50s and runs on a 17j Brac 903 as opposed to their own similarly obscure Oberon calibre which, contrarily, appears in some of my Josmar examples.

Regards.

Watch Brown Analog watch Clock Watch accessory

Watch Brown Analog watch Clock Watch accessory

Attachments

#16 ·
Trying to make my one watch life pictures more interesting, I did say trying

View attachment 24937
I did the first 12 months on here with the same 1 watch every day. And it was just a longines hydroconquest. No one bothered. Most of em forget what they saw yesterday anyway. So no worries you will be fine with that all the time. I find when ive only one i bond better. Thats why we get married apparantly makes us put up with the wife. Imagine having a box full to choose from.

#13 ·
Arrived on Saturday after being ordered online in America and visiting Switzerland on the way over. Better travelled than me this year!!

50422363567_81a8e87709_m.jpg

I saw it one here a few weeks ago and ordered it immediately, the US cost and shipping was cheaper than that offered in the UK......?!

Its smaller than I though but doesn't look too bad on the wrist, not the usual Diver that I wear but nice none the less. It took a while to set up, the booklet is so small and my eyesight is getting worse, a bit fiddly with the menus but we got there in the end.

#17 ·
Arrived on Saturday after being ordered online in America and visiting Switzerland on the way over. Better travelled than me this year!!

I saw it one here a few weeks ago and ordered it immediately, the US cost and shipping was cheaper than that offered in the UK......?!

Its smaller than I though but doesn't look too bad on the wrist, not the usual Diver that I wear but nice none the less. It took a while to set up, the booklet is so small and my eyesight is getting worse, a bit fiddly with the menus but we got there in the end.
I do like this model .. often tempted :whistle:

#19 · (Edited by Moderator)
#27 ·
A late start for me, I`m just having my pre-breakfast snack (all very healthy & carefully devised & made by my live-in nutritionist aka Caroline )

Oh & I`m wearing these...

CORGEUT (Miyota cal.8215,21 Jewels)

2028432294_CORGEUTMiyotacal.821521Jewels(Black).thumb.gif.35158a32818e4b1a524e5a28d80da04e.gif1057299700_CORGEUTMiyotacal.821521Jewels(green).thumb.gif.2a9c43e7e005f36c6c4b5aa84cb3a9f4.gif

I wonder if we`re having courgettes with our lunch? :huh:

Edit - I`ve just been informed that we are :tongue:
'Caroline my live in nutrtionist'....you old devil :biggrin:

#34 · (Edited by Moderator)
The edit option will only remain viable for a short period...usually about 15 minutes. After that it will disappear.
And you will be exterminated.
No, but you will be pelted with rotten tomatoes by the entire Moderating team....

[IMG alt="Why Photograph a Muso Being Pelted With Tomatoes? - Photogrill" data-ratio="100.00"]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/proxy/LAYbjwD8hKaM-0UbM1H7sEMtVrWFLzwvdcL4dnPsGORd_lR6b1OaODN168_DyAhucMxlTgy9acFXF0J4jX_ANvtPaaGh81u0JAxU1l99frmwpxuuci_HmRwS2jTHw7_O[/IMG]​

You have been warned :tongue:

Reactions: Nigelp
#35 · (Edited by Moderator)
#36 ·
HEUER 200m Professional, Model 844-2.

`TH`branded ETA 2824.2 25 jewels (circa early 1980s.)

2064997499_Heuer200mProfessionalModel844-2.THbrandedETA2824.225jewelscircaearly1980s.2.thumb.jpg.646e5a82c29df2e38f602592d00af79f.jpg

&

CWC Royal Navy Divers Watch,ETA 955.121, 7 jewels (issued 1997).

493473779_CWCRoyalNavyDiversWatchETA955.1217jewelsissued1997.2.thumb.jpg.b006185d446b3727409c3b488d15aafb.jpg

1023185298_CWC--HEUER-DSC_0116-1200.gif.34a7590def6664db0a31bf8e0d74b366.gif

:biggrin:

Right, that`s me done for the day, I`ll be back tomorrow, keep safe out there guys & gals :thumbsup:
You cant go and leave me on my own with this ward of loonies. We've got the mad butcher of rochdale in here doing a 20 year stint for fiddling the vat on his sausages.

#38 ·
@Jet Jetski i put this on at night and save it for best now. And appreciated it lots more. Hope that helps. For the rest of you especially @Roger the Dodger ive done my knee in tramping...i inhereted dads football knee so im using mums gel. Which as an ex nhs auditor makes me a bit on a limb...no pun.

Watch Analog watch Clock Font Everyday carry

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.