• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Incoming - Oh no, Davey P joins the SM*RTWATCH revolution....

I have the Apple 4 watch it’s main use other than telling the time is using it’s Bluetooth connection to skip tracks on the music I’m listening to on my morning walk.

I once tried actually answering a call on it in central London, absolute disaster. 

• Haha 1
  • Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I seem to be running out of ideas for new additions that are "different" to all the various watches in my collection, and I often see something I like and then realise I've got something similar alrea

I know, must surely be grounds for an instant ban............. 

Dave, you're leading other members astray with this talk of strange, even outrageous 'bluetooth' connected watches. Your position on the forum is seriously under consideration. I think you'll find you

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, tick-tock-tittle-tattle said:

I am currently developing a fatness tracker

I have one of those. It's called 'Dominos Order History' and the rate that it's been updating itself this year is impressive.....

• Haha 1
53 minutes ago, tick-tock-tittle-tattle said:

I am currently developing a fatness tracker, I am worried about calling it either BIT FAT or FAT SH!T, my concern is that FIT BIT may take me to court.

You enjoy your 'watch' Davey, even though that watch can do more things than Batman's utility belt.

:biggrin:

If they ever bring out a "FatBit", obviously I would snap one up! :yahoo:

• Haha 1
On 19/10/2020 at 09:11, Davey P said:

Just had an email from my watch to tell me it needs charging - It's official, "Terminator Judgement Day" is coming true, and the machines are becoming self aware... Run for the hills, we're all dooooomed! :laughing2dw:

Caroline & I did that a few years ago & have never regretted it...

DSC_0001.thumb.gif.e3afa4757635a7f92d372c2ced1405f3.gif

DSC_0082.thumb.gif.eaec13c3ef6d6614334ff553ed8b412c.gifDSC_0107.thumb.gif.df25e1c9c5e2f521d5c62c36f383ab15.gif

14 minutes ago, mach 0.0013137 said:

Caroline did that a few years ago & have never regretted it...

DSC_0082.thumb.gif.eaec13c3ef6d6614334ff553ed8b412c.gif

In that 2nd pic, are you checking the battery life left on your smart phone mate...? :laughing2dw:

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Davey P said:

In that 2nd pic, are you checking the battery life left on your smart phone mate...? :laughing2dw:

I don`t have a smart phone  just a basic, no frills mobile & I have never had any problem getting a signal no matter how far we`ve been out  in the country :tongue:

43 minutes ago, mach 0.0013137 said:

I don`t have a smart phone  just a basic, no frills mobile & I have never had any problem getting a signal no matter how far we`ve been out  in the country :tongue:

I meant to say "smart watch", not phone, which would have made more sense on a watch forum...  :laughing2dw:

• Haha 1

It's the thin end of the wedge!! You'll not be wearing a watch soon & using your phone to tell the time instead!! You mark my words young man!

If you want a bluetooth/fitness watch (though I appreciate that you say you won't be using these features) then get a Suunto. The one I have (Ambit Peak3) is a fantastically epic fat thing but brilliantly comfortable to wear & the battery lasts about a month between charges. I don't have the Bluetooth function enabled which probably increases the battery life quite considerably. My stepdaughter does use the Bluetooth function (she uses it to record her wild water swimming) & needs to charge the watch more often than that. Like you I just use it to tell the time & the compass feature is cool too (I've no clue if it's set up correctly though it does seem to point in right sort of direction) & occasionally the stopwatch

Enjoy the watch :thumbs_up: (though I have to say that it doesn't float my boat at all)

Edited by pauluspaolo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1