• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Morning, put on this 50's Pobeda last night, ready for today.

IMG_20201006_200727914(1)(1).thumb.jpg.47bdf4f22bf88771f25248f007fef6eb.jpg

Red 12, blued hands, railway minutes track, Breguet overcoil hairspring .... What's not to like?

A bit bigger than. Monday's Pobeda, and this time in a snap back case.

1st Moscow Watch Factory Cal 2602 - based on a Lip calibre.

HAGD 

Edited by Jet Jetski
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Junghans Max Bill Automatic

Morning Orient 'Bambino' 2nd Gen. Ver 1  (Cal: F6724)

Morning...   Circa 1940 RECORD THE ELIN. Cal: 106, 15 jewel, enamel dial, screw on bezel. ROWE & Co LTD was the premier department store in Rangoon, Burma..

Posted Images

Morning,

It’s an unusual feeling for me, but I must be doing something right  -  or maybe just less wrong.  The other day, my sainted watchmaker was having one of his periodic clear-outs and offloaded another bunch of “discards” to me. I’ve still to assess them in any detail, but here’s one of them today, this  steel-cased Movado from around 1950 in its as yet untouched state and running on their own 17j Cal. 125.

This one was made by the original company founded in 1881 and with whom the present-day Movado Group, despite claiming that heritage and having a funky website, has no connection other than the name.

Regards.

Movado before v.2.jpg

Movado 125 before v.2.jpg

Movado inner case back v.2.jpg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 4
4 hours ago, Balaton1109 said:

The other day, my sainted watchmaker was having one of his periodic clear-outs and offloaded another bunch of “discards” to me.

I'm definitely doing something wrong. I took a watch to a local watchmaker, hoping to develop this kind of relationship and take shovelfuls of discards of his hands. All I got was a ludicrously high estimate and a lead time of 8 weeks for a service. :sadwalk:

3 hours ago, Davey P said:

Fitbit Blaze again for me today:

20201005_160433

:thumbsup:

Have you checked your pulse? Nothing seems to have changed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
2 minutes ago, spinynorman said:

Have you checked your pulse? Nothing seems to have changed.

I've just checked, and my pulse has gone down to 66 - I'm having a relaxing day, obviously :laughing2dw:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
19 minutes ago, spinynorman said:

I'm definitely doing something wrong. I took a watch to a local watchmaker, hoping to develop this kind of relationship and take shovelfuls of discards of his hands.

Mine (bless him) regularly tells me what ‘will’ appeal to me, usually something he has squirrelled away, & that spending the (mine) pension will be therapeutic for me ?

Only last night he phoned tempting me with his latest irresistible offering.

Small price to pay from one of only a very small number of ‘talented & competent’ watchmakers I have the pleasure of knowing.

If you find a good one, be prepared to wait & pay their price promptly!

In my experience, these old school ‘watchmakers’ may initially appear, shall we say uninterested (grumpy), but their skill, experience & knowledge is invaluable!! :yes:

:thumbsup:

• Like 2
1 hour ago, spinynorman said:

I'm definitely doing something wrong. I took a watch to a local watchmaker, hoping to develop this kind of relationship and take shovelfuls of discards of his hands. All I got was a ludicrously high estimate and a lead time of 8 weeks for a service. :sadwalk:

Clearly what you're "doing wrong" is (probably) being a thoroughly decent human being. My watchmaker is almost certainly borderline sociopathic and, whilst not empathising with, obviously recognises a fellow non-people person when he sees one :thumbsup:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Taking to the skies now....

ETERNA AIRFORCE III, SWISS MADE, Valjoux cal.7750, 25 Jewels

&  

Полет Авиатор хронограф, кал.3133, 23 КАМНЯ, Сделано в России(Poljot Aviator Chronograph, cal.3133, 23 Jewels, Made In Russia)

558286800_ETERNAAIRFORCEIIIValjouxcal.775025Jewels.313323(PoljotAviatorChronographcal.313323Jewels)..gif.99990853cefcdba1c0559cce4129ce57.gif

555686412_(11).gif.0814032afe6ce653f91e55ab3a20d034.gif

• Like 1