• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

All titanium SMP (2231.80) today.

Morning...   1930 Silver cased HARWOOD 'AUTORIST' Automatic. [img]https://i.imgur.com/i4q6mUD.mp4[/img]  

Posted Images

Morning,

1940s Recta made by Muller & Vaucher with their own 17j G2 movement. This one’s case back isn’t Recta-signed but, instead, gold plated inside and out along with the fixed bars.

The addition of the “Majex” wordmark on the dial suggests that this watch may have been introduced to UK by Marchand & Jobin, importers principally of Majex-branded watches, but also of Recta and Minerva models.

Regards.

Recta 2019 6 v.3.jpg

Recta G2 after 2 v.3.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

New arrival, from Moldova ...

IMG_20201008_151514890(1).thumb.jpg.4c7da000155b25752a28f1753e0aceb2.jpg

200m Vostok auto 'ministerial', not the best time to take a picture, but only 15 minutes till my next meeting.

Fixed lugs.

Re-lumed.

Needs some lume in the bezel, where a pip would be.  I can do that ...

Hope your day is going well.

J

• Like 6

This arrived today (ESA9158 Swissonic), bought for less than £20 as 'not working'...........

w09nx3N.jpg

Put a new battery in it and when I put the back on it burst into life:thumbs_up:. Can only assume that the seller had not tried replacing the back when he tested it:wink:.  It did need regulating though as it was running about 3 minutes a day fast. When I opened it up to regulate it I found that the tag on the +ve battery connector, that makes contact with the side of the battery was missing, but my stock of Swissonic spares furnished a replacement, allowing 'live' regulation on the Timegrapher with the back off.:thumbsup:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
15 minutes ago, Nick Parr 1977 said:

You mean you’ve done no more steps :whistle:

Apparently I'm up to 189 steps now - But I'm not sure if that is just today, or in total since the start of the week... :laughing2dw:

• Haha 4