• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

excited new watch and then gutted !

so i have not bought a watch since retiring , as i wanted one final big purchase watch which does not look like its going to happen any time soon.

i have had theses in my watch list for ages, i missed out first time round all sold out while i ditthered ,

so this landed today , form the usa , its every thing i like in a watch, dial/hands, alternate blue/ black dates , bracelet, opened the box and though nice

THEN pulled it out of the box , and a pin fell to the floor ? and the bracelet fell apart at one end of the clasp , you know what its like it slowly dawns on you there is a problem! crap:(. looking at it there is no way a split pin was going to work in this clasp it just drops straight through, gutted,

other than that its a beautiful watch:biggrin:

so e mail sent and waiting for reply, but this is the problem with dealing with a purchase from far away, 2 nd purchase from usa and both have had problems. ah well.

dean.m

3csZ14b.jpg

doyxLq3.jpg

dNSuJ7o.jpg

DB69K00.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 4
  • Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

update , new buckle arrived , fitted ,easy watch sized all good, happy now its the watch i wanted it to be  , bounus not one but three straps with signed buckles , !! arrived express mistakes hap

so i have not bought a watch since retiring , as i wanted one final big purchase watch which does not look like its going to happen any time soon. i have had theses in my watch list for ages, i m

Looks like the protective film.

9 minutes ago, deano1956 said:

so i have not bought a watch since retiring , as i wanted one final big purchase watch which does not look like its going to happen any time soon.

i have had theses in my watch list for ages, i missed out first time round all sold out while i ditthered ,

so this landed today , form the usa , its every thing i like in a watch, dial/hands, alternate blue/ black dates , bracelet, opened the box and though nice

THEN pulled it out of the box , and a pin fell to the floor ? and the bracelet fell apart at one end of the clasp , you know what its like it slowly dawns on you there is a problem! crap:(. looking at it there is no way a split pin was going to work in this clasp it just drops straight through, gutted,

so e mail sent and waiting for reply, but this is the problem with dealing with a purchase from far away, 2 nd purchase from usa and both have had problems. ah well.

dean.m

3csZ14b.jpg

doyxLq3.jpg

dNSuJ7o.jpg

DB69K00.jpg

Hope it gets sorted, the watch is very cool.

Lots of bracelet / strap options out there anyway - what is the lug width?

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Jet Jetski said:

Hope it gets sorted, the watch is very cool.

Lots of bracelet / strap options out there anyway - what is the lug width?

20 mm so have plenty odf straps, if req, and i am sure there will be other bracelet options , see what they say:)

dean.m

• Thanks 1

Unfortunate Deano, hopefully the strap issue will be resolved quickly.

Always an element of risk when buying from overseas from a new supplier, something I try to avoid.

However, I took the risk with a purchase earlier in the year, after ensuring that I could return if not fully happy, which did (thankfully) prove trouble free.

Having looked at more detailed pictures of your selection on their website, the dial finish looks very appealing, particularly the blue which would be my choice!

:thumbsup:

• Thanks 1

Looks an easy fix if you have a decent jewellers near you.

A wire can be passed through it,  tap one end to flatten it so its wider than the hole then tap it into the hole so it jams solid then file back flush.

10 hours ago, deano1956 said:

20 mm so have plenty odf straps, if req, and i am sure there will be other bracelet options , see what they say:)

dean.m

It shouldn't have happened, but as mentioned, an easy fix, and probably one that will be less hassle than returning the watch, if you are happy with the rest of it. I bet you're glad the pin didn't come out while you were wearing it.

update got this e mail in responce from nodus, would have prefered a new repalcement bracelet but we will see what turns up , i am sure there is a fix, and yes could have been worse had i been wearing it wrench.

dean.m

Hi Dean,

I am very sorry about that! We have sent out a replacement buckle and some free straps for you via Express shipping. Tracking is . It should get to you soon. I apologize again for that issue. 

Regards,
Cullen

On Thu, Oct 8, 2020 at 1:21 PM Nodus Watches <info@noduswatches.com> wrote:
This seems to be a problem.

Wes
NODUS WATCHES
3 hours ago, Balaton1109 said:

Seemingly some marks on the bezel between 11 and 2. What dem?

kevs right it was so new i have not taken the protective film off yet till i can get it fixed and wear it:thumbsup:

deano

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, deano1956 said:

kevs right it was so new i have not taken the protective film off yet till i can get it fixed and wear it:thumbsup:

deano

Thanks Deano (and Kev). Never had a new watch of the quality which merited protective film, so please excuse my ignorance!

Regards.

• Like 1

update , new buckle arrived , fitted ,easy watch sized all good, happy now its the watch i wanted it to be :thumbsup: , bounus not one but three straps with signed buckles , !!:biggrin: arrived express

mistakes happen in any industry , but its how they are resolved that makes a good company !

dean.m

dAfnXh1.jpg

AZL8eb9.jpg

EWwmWAZ.jpg

38A9cJS.jpg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
On 12/10/2020 at 13:57, deano1956 said:

update , new buckle arrived , fitted ,easy watch sized all good, happy now its the watch i wanted it to be :thumbsup: , bounus not one but three straps with signed buckles , !!:biggrin: arrived express

mistakes happen in any industry , but its how they are resolved that makes a good company !

dean.m

dAfnXh1.jpg

AZL8eb9.jpg

EWwmWAZ.jpg

38A9cJS.jpg

Glad to see your good news!

Oh! Oh! Quick release spring bars too!

Edited by Jet Jetski

Jet Jetski Oh! Oh! Quick release spring bars too!

yes bonus, not bad for free!:thumbsup:

1 hour ago, bowie said:

Looks a really nice watch,need a lume picture.and put the bezel triangle lined up with the 12 please don't like it when its not lined up sorry :thumbsup:

yes , realised bezel was not aligned when i posted , sorry:biggrin:

lume

cheers deano

Iw1UgsW.jpg

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, bowie said:

put the bezel triangle lined up with the 12 please don't like it when its not lined up sorry :thumbsup:

I can't believe it took nearly a week before anyone commented about that - I spotted it straight away, and have been waiting to see who would be OCD enough to bother saying it, ha ha! :laughing2dw:

Looks like a decent watch, and a good result with the free spare straps, nice one @deano1956 :thumbs_up:

• Haha 2

Look at it this way Deano its easier than knocking the pins out the bracelet on an old 40 year seiko that youve just paid 500 quid for using your dads old hammer and your grans old knitting needle. They built the ******* to strong. 

And its a dress watch all be it a 3 grand one back in the day....:whistle:

@deano1956 knock the ******* in

Pin that is. 

Carefully lad its obviously a soft en. 

• Haha 1
On 14/10/2020 at 15:26, deano1956 said:

Jet Jetski Oh! Oh! Quick release spring bars too!

yes bonus, not bad for free!:thumbsup:

yes , realised bezel was not aligned when i posted , sorry:biggrin:

lume

cheers deano

Iw1UgsW.jpg

That's better thank you looks great love blue lume.

• Thanks 1
On 08/10/2020 at 19:31, deano1956 said:

dean.m

3csZ14b.jpg

doyxLq3.jpg

dNSuJ7o.jpg

DB69K00.jpg

Nodus... do you like the watch? Is it 'sound'? :-) 

That’s great news, I’ve had correspondence with a few manufacturers regarding what I thought was poor service. I have to say most of the time they are mortified especially when you speak further up the chain, they normally can’t believe what has happened either.  I think the manufacturer in this instance has done rather well. We all like free stuff even if we would have liked it to have been correct in the first place.  There are some though who say there processes would not have created an error such as this. I don’t agree with that statement, just because they have a man or woman with a sharp pencil and check list doesn’t make them infallible. My advise is to copy all correspondence and write down the relevant bits of telephone calls so you can present your side. I’ll never forget the hassle I had to get three spare bracelet links. It’s a few years ago now but they cost £40 each then.  In the end I got them and I’m very happy I’ve never had to use them.

Regarding the Nodus, I very much like the dial. Very crisp and easy to read, well done.

• Thanks 1