• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

No judgements chaps and chapesses but I have been a bit naughty this week and bought quite a few!

Double wristing here... 

I picked up a couple more Marvel Citizen models from the H Samuel sale (50% off, coupled with Buy one get one half price, it would have been a crime not to).
So. Citizen Eco Drive Spiderman is on my left.

url%5D

Also, following a thread on here alerting me to the Tissot NBA watches last week I headed off to find some.  I thought I had bought a New York Knicks and a Golden State Warriors model, but they turned out to be two versions of the Knicks ones.   No complaints, it just means I'll end up selling one on and keeping the other one.
So the right wrist has a PVD cased New York Knicks Tissot V8 Chrono.

url%5D

Looks like we might be into another north-of the border lockdown here in Manchester next week, so later on this afternoon I will be sampling the delights of my local pub, which has just started selling (of all things!!!) Corona on draft.   You couldn't make it up...   :laugh:

url%5D

Edited by kevkojak
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Morning...   OMEGA Railmaster. Cal: Co-Axial 8806, 35 jewel, Master Chronometer.  

Going double todayLeft;Seiko 6138-0012 from my birth year and month (Nov-77)2019-01-04_02-22-20 by mcridland, on FlickrRight;Managed to finally get this old girl running for more than a few minutes! F

I'm struggling to remember if it was the Odeon or the ABC in Darlington where I saw Star Wars. I still have the magazine of the making of the the film that I bought at the same time as a large bag of

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Jet Jetski said:

I queued round the block in Manchester!

I saw Star Wars 13 time during the summer holidays .. it’s wasn’t until the empire strikes back that I had to queue round the block ! Happy days indeedy 

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, kevkojak said:

No judgements chaps and chapesses but I have been a bit naughty this week and bought quite a few!

Double wristing here... 

I picked up a couple more Marvel Citizen models from the H Samuel sale (50% off, coupled with Buy one get one half price, it would have been a crime not to).
So. Citizen Eco Drive Spiderman is on my left.

url%5D

Also, following a thread on here alerting me to the Tissot NBA watches last week I headed off to find some.  I thought I had bought a New York Knicks and a Golden State Warriors model, but they turned out to be two versions of the Knicks ones.   No complaints, it just means I'll end up selling one on and keeping the other one.
So the right wrist has a PVD cased New York Knicks Tissot V8 Chrono.

url%5D

Looks like we might be into another north-of the border lockdown here in Manchester next week, so later on this afternoon I will be sampling the delights of my local pub, which has just started selling (of all things!!!) Corona on draft.   You couldn't make it up...   :laugh:

url%5D

I fancied the Black Panther version, sold out

1637753982_(11).gif.bf7fefecefc34c6115fce1b43e17539d.gif

HAMILTON KHAKI PIONEER, Model  H60419533, Eta cal. 2801-2 17 Jewels

Hamilton-DSC_0251L2.thumb.gif.9b4291b99ead78d5d4db373aebb5835a.gif

&

RLT-8, Valjoux cal.7750 25 Jewels

RLT-8-DSC_0250.thumb.gif.123a32c20167060960d1d38317e92d74.gif

:biggrin:

58 minutes ago, kevkojak said:

Double wristing here... 

url%5D

url%5D

Well done that man :thumbs_up:

Nice pair btw :thumbsup:

• Like 8
1 hour ago, kevkojak said:

url%5D

When we frst went into lockdown back in March our local Sainsbury's plonked palettes and palettes of bottled Corona just inside the entrance with a huge special offer sign. They were there for weeks but I have no idea if they weren't selling or if they kept topping up the stacks. 

It caused me a wry smile at the time.

• Haha 4
9 minutes ago, Karrusel said:

Hope you secured a good discount...& long warranty?

:biggrin:

I heard a rumour that Roy negotiated  a great deal with RLT in return  for special "favours" if you catch my drift :whistle: 

• Haha 3

Wearing this today. Finally getting round to modding my Sea Urchin. Got a ceramic vintage sub style bezel insert, skeleton hands and a double domed, clear AR sapphire crystal from DLWWatches. Changed the stock bracelet for a black canvase strap. As comfy as the bracelet was sounding like a morris dancer was getting a little tiresome.

IMG_8869

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Afternoon all.

so I went exploring through my boxes of bits, trying to find a specific strap I remember having but can’t find... and discovered a watch I’d forgotten I had. 

Popped a battery in and she’s running like a good un. Hurrah

.. but snapping the caseback on caused the minute hand lume to explode all over the dial. Boooo

large.7C916D32-835C-474E-8DDD-D1F8BED411B8.jpeg.d250d4af85081f706297279e76f893db.jpeg

in my exuberant youth I would now be trying to figure out the weird stem removal process to get the thing apart and cleaned up.... but these days I’ll just live with its imperfections.

cheers

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

I did start with the mighty Fitbit Blaze this morning, but that's being charged up on the newly arrived dock now, so I've switched to this G-Shock Carbon Core for the rest of the day:

20200806_143853

:yahoo:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
1 hour ago, Davey P said:

I did start with the mighty Fitbit Blaze this morning, but that's being charged up on the newly arrived dock now, so I've switched to this G-Shock Carbon Core for the rest of the day:

20200806_143853

:yahoo:

And he’s back, and with a beauty, I do like this watch.

• Thanks 1
5 hours ago, Jet Jetski said:

Back on with the new arrival ....

IMG_20201009_131644769(1).thumb.jpg.3f746f42bc6400d87b818112f4f0b9f5.jpg

No spring bars in the lugs.  No spring bar in the sewn-in buckle.

It may be Russian, but it won't popoff.

As re-lumes go, I thought this one was pretty good looking in daylight, and it's very possibly better than the original in the dark.

IMG_20201009_184805310(1)(1).thumb.jpg.9c5e72d19cbe8864f7aa840a925e15c9.jpg

Gotta love the early darkness.

If only it had mercedes hands.

Jk

:laugh:

Must get that lume blob on the bezel though.

• Like 1