• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

It's Saturday, the weekend...a frivolous watch is needed...post your most comical watch.

This watch is interesting, because most Chaika watches were small in size and aimed at women, and the factory was named in honour of Tereshkova.  This therefore is mainly pastry around a very small amount of mechanical 'jam'.

IMG_20201008_181038738(1).thumb.jpg.451c0315143820af4e85df6217cf89a3.jpg

Although not comical, it is pulling it's tongue at a very expensive Swiss watch from the same time.  I didn't make a record unfortunately at the time I spotted its progenitor, but I do remember thinking any similarity, in terms of quality and execution, was less than striking at any range below a thousand yards.

Still, I like my Seagull.

• Like 6
6 hours ago, Jet Jetski said:

Although not comical, it is pulling it's tongue at a very expensive Swiss watch from the same time.  I didn't make a record unfortunately at the time I spotted its progenitor, but I do remember thinking any similarity, in terms of quality and execution, was less than striking at any range below a thousand yards.

Aha!  Found it.  Pretty sure that the flat serrated bezel on my Chaika, along with the vestigial 'screws' on the case, and integrated crown guard (which my crown does not actually retreat into!), are a hat tip to the Ebel Voyager range of world-time watches launched in 1989.

625160563_chaikacopy.thumb.jpg.0f76e7934155e31192032a8c4c18796d.jpg

This would mean my watch is possibly 30 years old - the Russians still stoically making cheap wind-up watches in the face of all that quartz competition.

Edited by Jet Jetski
  • Like 5
20 minutes ago, Sulie said:

Lol one am in the morning 

this was the moon creeping over the mountain.. I really need a good camera 

n9hjVwz.jpg

Wow impressive, the mountain near me is the old pit top with grass on it and classes as a nature reserv:bullshitter:

This one for sure. Kids gave me it so I have to wear it now and again. No need for a tool to remove the case back. Finger nails will suffice. The dial is cardboard. The strap was also full of cardboard but one of my Timex's died so its strap lives on attached to this monstrosity.

large.20200505_123947.jpg.8f626cc5715c75f61431ce51cb2bc21a.jpg

• Like 4