• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Christopher Ward Watches

I still have the Trident Vintage that I bought in December 2015 and it's still going strong now. It's in excellent condition.

Their newest very nice, but very generic looking Trident, with 2 sub-dials is on the market for 1800 pounds. 

If anyone is interested, wait until they are discounted, which will be soon.

I don't like the new logo, don't much like Mike France (never met him, but his public persona leave me a bit cold), not a great fan of many of their latest offerings and since the new inward investment arrived and Mr. Ward himself left the company, feel that the soul of the company has dimmed. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Only eleven...   L-R: C1000 TYPHOON FGR4 (ceramic cased), C5 MALVERN MKII LE, C9 5 DAY Chronometer SH21 (serial number 1)... L-R: C60 TRIDENT 300 (quartz), '595 AIR'...

I've two and really happy with them. Excellent watches, and excellent service, the folks at CW are very helpful and good to deal with. Christopher Ward C60 Sapphire C60-40ADA3-S00B0-B0 (Cal: Sell

Two for me ,this and a world timer ,good value in the sales.

Posted Images

On 10/10/2020 at 15:57, tick-tock-tittle-tattle said:

Same here, not a brand I have looked at closely. They get a lot of love from collectors, and I've always considered @Karruselto be quite discerning guy, so with eleven in his collection I don't see how they can anything other than a quality offering.

All that said, and getting back to @Philzrequest, I think that they appear to be really good specs,  really good value for money, Swiss made, and British designed.  Not much to dislike really.

I think I'd rather give my money to Christopher Ward than Tudor to be very honest.

Hmm! I’ve just purchased the Pelagos. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, tick-tock-tittle-tattle said:

It is impossible to own too many watches, honest, I've looked it up on Google. 

The more the merrier don't they say.

:yes:

I used to have this discussion with the other half but she didn’t agree.

We’ve come to a compromise I’ve got rid of most of my low end watches with the agreement I’ll have less in number but more high end watches. It’s a win win situation for me. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Philz said:

I used to have this discussion with the other half but she didn’t agree.

We’ve come to a compromise I’ve got rid of most of my low end watches with the agreement I’ll have less in number but more high end watches. It’s a win win situation for me. 

I'm thinking like that at the moment also.

If there was a fire in my house I would be burnt to a crisp running in and out of the house to get my watches.

When you need a spreadsheet to manage your watches...you have too many, however I refer to my previous answer...You can't own too many watches :biggrin:

• Haha 1

I have a notion for one of these if the discount is right, similar to my Black Bay 36 possibly though. Although the "Snowflakes" who get upset by such things, will prefer the lack of Snowflake hands. :laughing2dw:

C65-38A3H2-S00K0-B0_Picture_1.jpg?sw=600

• Like 1

I've two and really happy with them. Excellent watches, and excellent service, the folks at CW are very helpful and good to deal with.

Christopher Ward C60 Sapphire C60-40ADA3-S00B0-B0 (Cal: Sellita SW200-1)

320304802_ChristopherWardC60SapphireC60-40ADA3-S00B0-B0(CalSellitaSW200-1)(3b).thumb.jpg.f3d0ed17477e2c65d5cba07828d1d6cb.jpg

Christopher Ward C65 Trident GMT C65-41AGM1-S00K0-VC (Cal: Sellita SW330)

1369565375_ChristopherWardC65TridentGMTC65-41AGM1-S00K0-VC(CalSellitaSW330)(3).thumb.jpg.b4d84bcf40ad019a8964e82aae053f6d.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
33 minutes ago, Nick Parr 1977 said:

15% of all CW watches for 7 days only people....... 

hoping one day they recognise me and my support, and say Hey Nick, we will make you a 45mm ......

To get the discount, use the promo code DISCOVERY at check out on the CW web site. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have owned about 5 of them and sold them all.  I think I just got worn down by the endless sales, logo meltdowns and changes in direction.

They are nice watches and nobody should be put off buying really if you like what you see but unfortunately like many British brands the scatter gun approach to marketing just makes me give up on them.

On 11/10/2020 at 20:16, WRENCH said:

Although the "Snowflakes" who get upset by such things, will prefer the lack of Snowflake hands. :laughing2dw:

How dare you Sir!!! :bash:

Snowflake hands are the Devils spawn!

• Haha 1

I only have the one CW and it's very well made and finished, it also keeps good time. I don't think I would have paid full price for it though, I got it for a 3rd of the price as a display model. It duly arrived fully boxed with all stickers on etc.

It also has the loudest rotor noise I have ever heard from a watch, and I own some really crap watches. [emoji16]

486d9bab21f48926443b900fd2e2ec44.jpg

I am not buying any more watches. [emoji17]
Well maybe the odd one or two. [emoji16]

• Like 2

Had a 38mm quartz diver a while back. White dial bought off here in fact. Very well made but just didn't bond with it. Was used to wearing a longines Hydro conquest auto at the time so that might have been why. It had a lot of polishing felt a bit blingy. Paid 190 quid for it. Was happy to let it go at 150.