• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Christopher Ward Watches

CW is a brand I’ve been aware of for a long time bit not being interested in owning.

I’ve just subscribed to their magazine. Really impressed with the range available in particular the C60 Sapphire and Compressor range. Anyone own a CW watch and what’s your opinion of them please? How do they compare to the big name brands?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Only eleven...   L-R: C1000 TYPHOON FGR4 (ceramic cased), C5 MALVERN MKII LE, C9 5 DAY Chronometer SH21 (serial number 1)... L-R: C60 TRIDENT 300 (quartz), '595 AIR'...

I've two and really happy with them. Excellent watches, and excellent service, the folks at CW are very helpful and good to deal with. Christopher Ward C60 Sapphire C60-40ADA3-S00B0-B0 (Cal: Sell

Two for me ,this and a world timer ,good value in the sales.

Posted Images

I think they are great they have just released a new diver, very nice, for me at their price point they are a great buy, 5 year warranty, big advocate here.

BUT there is a problem........ too small for me

@Philz if you use the search facility on here you will find a lot of love for CW. - also a few shown in the Members Owner Club section. The main criticisms seem to be about the regular sales making buying at rrp  more of a risk and the bit we can not discuss - the change of logo 

6 minutes ago, richy176 said:

@Philz if you use the search facility on here you will find a lot of love for CW. - also a few shown in the Members Owner Club section. The main criticisms seem to be about the regular sales making buying at rrp  more of a risk and the bit we can not discuss - the change of logo 

I’d agree, there is also a healthy preowned market

CW is a brand I’ve been aware of for a long time bit not being interested in owning.
I’ve just subscribed to their magazine. Really impressed with the range available in particular the C60 Sapphire and Compressor range. Anyone own a CW watch and what’s your opinion of them please? How do they compare to the big name brands?

I have a c60 sapphire and whilst it is a beauty it is too small for me. I may well be interested in selling it if you were looking for one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2 hours ago, Philz said:

Anyone own a CW watch and what’s your opinion of them please? 

:hmmm9uh:

Only eleven...:(

U4VBcb6.jpg

L-R: C1000 TYPHOON FGR4 (ceramic cased), C5 MALVERN MKII LE, C9 5 DAY Chronometer SH21 (serial number 1)...

vQT4sDj.jpg

L-R: C60 TRIDENT 300 (quartz), '595 AIR'...

tx71Y3D.jpg

L-R: C1 GRAND MALVERN Jump Hour, C9 MOONPHASE, C8 FLYER...

SEhgzYw.jpg

L_R: C9 WORLDTIMER, C60 TRIDENT Pro 600 GMT, C65 DIVER manual...

gMUE5kg.jpg

2 hours ago, Philz said:

How do they compare to the big name brands?

Very well, IMHO!

:thumbsup:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Dont have an opinion on them personally but there has been plenty of comments in the past about the logo on the dial, they have changed the logo a few times and although many people dont like at all some are fine with it.

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, sabailand said:

Dont have an opinion on them personally but there has been plenty of comments in the past about the logo on the dial, they have changed the logo a few times and although many people dont like at all some are fine with it.

Same here, not a brand I have looked at closely. They get a lot of love from collectors, and I've always considered @Karruselto be quite discerning guy, so with eleven in his collection I don't see how they can anything other than a quality offering.

All that said, and getting back to @Philzrequest, I think that they appear to be really good specs,  really good value for money, Swiss made, and British designed.  Not much to dislike really.

I think I'd rather give my money to Christopher Ward than Tudor to be very honest.

• Like 2

I have a 38mm c60I have a 38mm c60 diver & a 43mm C60 GMT.  both good quality watches that I would  happily recommend. Unfortunately you are unable to try before you buy. I have found that the 38mm gets little use but the GMT is always taken when venturing overseas. For me as a watch I don't  have to worry  about, It is robust & waterproof, just about perfect.

Christopher Ward watches seem to ably fulfil the wishes of today's watch collectors and buyers who want quality, variety that keeps within the idiom of the company, and decent prices that don't head off into the stratosphere. Indeed, for the most part, CW gets it about right, new logo or old.:biggrin:

• Like 3
45 minutes ago, Porker63 said:

Unfortunately you are unable to try before you buy.

You can if you visit their showroom in Maidenhead.  Also, should you find that you don't like your purchase, you can return it within 60 days for a full refund provided it's still in perfect condition including all the original packaging.

I have three CW's and am very happy with all of them.  CW had a bit of a reputation for poor quality control and a dip in the standard of customer service a while back (not sure if that's still the case) and I certainly had a few problems with my first purchase, but these were all eventually sorted satisfactorily.

CW punch well above their weight in my opinion.  I even paid full price for my first one and reckon it was a bit of a bargain :biggrin:

TTTT beat me by a fraction of a second as I was typing :laugh:

• Like 1
2 hours ago, sabailand said:

Let's look at the logo thing. Over the years they have had 3 versions of the "logo" or "wordmark" (including a couple of transitional versions with or without the word "London").

Version 1 (2005-2011/12)

F2305A9E-B548-4750-BB9C-7E5078E011D8.thumb.jpeg.52583da0a3dbd723821b0aab1c6b3318.jpeg

Version 2 (2011-2016) "London" was added in 2012 by popular request

IMG_0741.thumb.JPG.6047feaa2acc8a2cfc81ec3101e7e155.JPG

Version 3 (Current since 2016)

30CF3C4B-47C3-4F79-9A55-238EFAF1F6AF.thumb.jpeg.1d0aa6b05d6f6b3e3a0ab919200c34f1.jpeg

Each version has had its known supporters and detractors. A small minority have regarded the logo as a deal breaker and there is usually some discussion on CWF when someone brings it up. Most have their favourite but have learned to live with all three.

My personal favourite is v. 2, but it can't be important to me since I don't have a v. 2 watch any more.

• Like 3
11 minutes ago, sabailand said:

Also this chequered motif has been used too!

The so-called Twin Flags Logo. You can just about see it in relief below the 12 on my third watch there. it is also on the crowns, it has been embossed or debossed into straps, and has appeared in various guises on clasps, packaging and so on. It has occasionally been used as the only dial logo when it has not been possible to fit the full Christopher Ward mark on the dial.

Edited by AVO
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, Karrusel said:

:hmmm9uh:

Only eleven...:(

U4VBcb6.jpg

L-R: C1000 TYPHOON FGR4 (ceramic cased), C5 MALVERN MKII LE, C9 5 DAY Chronometer SH21 (serial number 1)...

vQT4sDj.jpg

L-R: C60 TRIDENT 300 (quartz), '595 AIR'...

tx71Y3D.jpg

L-R: C1 GRAND MALVERN Jump Hour, C9 MOONPHASE, C8 FLYER...

SEhgzYw.jpg

L_R: C9 WORLDTIMER, C60 TRIDENT Pro 600 GMT, C65 DIVER manual...

gMUE5kg.jpg

Very well, IMHO!

:thumbsup:

WorldTimer is lovely.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, AVO said:

The so-called Twin Flags Logo. You can just about see it in relief below the 12 on my third watch there. it is also on the crowns, it has been embossed or debossed into straps, and has appeared in various guises on clasps, packaging and so on. It has occasionally been used as the only dial logo when it has not been possible to fit the full Christopher Ward mark on the dial.

I really love the twins flags, and think it is a very clever design. But I hate the Christopher Ward mark at 9 o’clock - 12 o’clock is marginally better. In my opinion the word mark is too long, and the font colour is usually too bright. It is enough to prevent me buying a CW watch. The word marks for other brands tend to be much more subtle, which is my preference. 

20 hours ago, AVO said:

Yes now i look closely i can see it, i dare say its much more prominent in the flesh.