• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Avia watches.

hartley353

I had a couple of early Avias in my collection, then I spotted a couple on eBay looking very sorry for themselves and my bids won. I stripped them both during the week and started the restoration of cases and bracelets. I had to send for a new crystal for this one, I was unable to polish the damage out,   It came today and the watch was reassembled on the coffee table while watching telly.

large.431839500_AviaPolarstarwatch..jpg.63627b35529480d2c0ead3c4f8268aeb.jpg

Dear @hartley353, you might like to know that I posted a topic on Avia watches back in 2015 on the Forum entitled, "Avia: Forgotten but not gone" - still available via the Forum search feature. I also rather like mechanical Avia watches and some of the better quartz examples like the Polar Star. Nice to know that you resurrected those two Avia watches; I always like to hear it when members keep watches alive to fight another day.:)

• 4 months later...