• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

I already have a Baltic watch, and I can't really fault it, 38mm, basic three hander. This also appeals,hms_002_3quart_silver

Basic workhorse Miyota automatic. Price is £362, which is getting into the same price range as the 38mm Hamilton Field mechanical (pictured @£395) and with high street discounts being the norm with Hamilton, you'd probably get one for less than the Baltic. Nevertheless, the Baltic would suit me fine as a dress watch.

h69439931_detail_laidview_2.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Excellent sector dial. I had a couple of the first run - beautiful watches but in the end I just couldn't live with the acrylic crystal, nothing happened to it but there was always that fear.

• Like 1
Just now, rhaythorne said:

Well, I was deeply offended by your outrageous suggestion that there's anything to fear from the use of an acrylic crystal!

I prefer them.

• Like 1

Me too.  Although not starting some sort of acrylic crystal rights movement you understand :)

I like the Baltic, although the price for a watch with a "basic workhorse Miyota" seems a bit steep. My general benchmark for Miyota-equipped watches is the Accurist MS906S which had an RRP of £200 but which could be picked up on the likes of Amazon for less than £50. 

8 hours ago, GASHEAD said:

What type of crystal does that one have then?

NJ0110-18A

Spec.

Caliber. No.8210

Movement. Automatic

Strap. Calf Leather

Water Resistant. 50m

Case Size. 40mm

Case. Stainless Steel

Glass. Mineral 

I like the Baltic nice looking not sure that I like it enough to pay good used Omega money or even KS Hi Beat money for it or a basic miyota. Nope decision made I dont its a bit MFI

On 13/10/2020 at 21:22, WRENCH said:

I already have a Baltic watch, and I can't really fault it, 38mm, basic three hander. This also appeals,hms_002_3quart_silver

Basic workhorse Miyota automatic. Price is £362, which is getting into the same price range as the 38mm Hamilton Field mechanical (pictured @£395) and with high street discounts being the norm with Hamilton, you'd probably get one for less than the Baltic. Nevertheless, the Baltic would suit me fine as a dress watch.

h69439931_detail_laidview_2.jpg

Too expensive for the lack of heritage and copied design.