• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Morning Was wearing Orient Star 'Classic Power Reserve' SAF02001S0 (Cal: 40N52) for weekly shop at Asda earlier.

Ollech and Wajs ID3066 automatic Chronograph for a day out and about in South Devon.     

Morning, Today it’ll be this 1960s steel-cased Gerrit van Doorn, running on a 25j ETA 2452 auto. Made in Switzerland by a Dutch-named maker and bought from Holland (which kind of figures) bu

Posted Images

Morning,

Today it’ll be this 1960s steel-cased Gerrit van Doorn, running on a 25j ETA 2452 auto.

Made in Switzerland by a Dutch-named maker and bought from Holland (which kind of figures) but strangely for a decent enough watch from the modern era, Meneer van Doorn seems to have left few, if any, ripples in the horological pond.

Regards.

van Doorn 2018 4 v.3.jpg

van Doorn ETA 2452  2 v.3.jpg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3

New watch for me today. Have been eying this one up for a few months now in the local jewelers. Every time I would be passing I would pop in and have a look at it. We'll I finally caved in and bought it. Think it was just a matter of time really. It was heavily discounted as it was the last one in stock. Its been on my mind a long time and I would often think of the horror if I went one day and it wasn't there! So I am glad I bought it. 

I'm not generally drawn to chronograph watches but I do like this one.it may not be to everyones taste with the green accenting but I love it. It's the only chronograph in my collection so I guess I had a space to fill.  Had a hour reading the instructions yesterday and got it all set up. Very impressed with all the features on it and the quality of the watch is very impressive. Compared to my wife's eco drive this is on another level. 

The only thing I'm not too sure about is the leather strap as I tend to avoid wearing leather. I have had it on a day and it is growing on me though. It would be a shame to get rid of the strap as it has matching accented stitching on it. But I will be looking for a replacement so any suggestions are gratefully received! 

IMG_20201014_100449_BURST001_COVERIMG_20201014_100531

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2
25 minutes ago, tick-tock-tittle-tattle said:

Old photo...but this today.

7d3d7ac7faf836e5a9e77bb1536c91d4.jpg

Quick question while I am here...anybody bought anything on the 4mazon Prime day deals???

No .. the only real deal I could find was a couple of Timex watches . Might as well wait until Black Friday :whistle:

1 hour ago, Roxyben said:

New watch for me today. Have been eying this one up for a few months now in the local jewelers. Every time I would be passing I would pop in and have a look at it. We'll I finally caved in and bought it. Think it was just a matter of time really. It was heavily discounted as it was the last one in stock. Its been on my mind a long time and I would often think of the horror if I went one day and it wasn't there! So I am glad I bought it. 

I'm not generally drawn to chronograph watches but I do like this one.it may not be to everyones taste with the green accenting but I love it. It's the only chronograph in my collection so I guess I had a space to fill.  Had a hour reading the instructions yesterday and got it all set up. Very impressed with all the features on it and the quality of the watch is very impressive. Compared to my wife's eco drive this is on another level. 

The only thing I'm not too sure about is the leather strap as I tend to avoid wearing leather. I have had it on a day and it is growing on me though. It would be a shame to get rid of the strap as it has matching accented stitching on it. But I will be looking for a replacement so any suggestions are gratefully received! 

IMG_20201014_100449_BURST001_COVERIMG_20201014_100531

I do like this ... especially the green on the bezel..

so many options for straps .. a few that might suit ? Always fun trying out new looks 

MVtkpIh.jpg

0m5lzLQ.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
9 minutes ago, Sulie said:

No .. the only real deal I could find was a couple of Timex watches . Might as well wait until Black Friday :whistle:

I do like this ... especially the green on the bezel..

so many options for straps .. a few that might suit ? Always fun trying out new looks 

MVtkpIh.jpg

0m5lzLQ.jpg

I really like that, and to be very honest I love a chronograph (even though I never use a chrono function) but the green accent is a difficult colour to get alternative straps, but I can recommend these from Cousins...

s51579_full_cmyk.jpg

Very low cost, but very comfortable.

That Citizen is stunning, I love a bit green on the dial, a nice purchase.  

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, tick-tock-tittle-tattle said:

I really like that, and to be very honest I love a chronograph (even though I never use a chrono function) but the green accent is a difficult colour to get alternative straps, but I can recommend these from Cousins...

s51579_full_cmyk.jpg

Very low cost, but very comfortable.

That Citizen is stunning, I love a bit green on the dial, a nice purchase.  

I’ve always liked this one .. 

seWgUeI.jpg

• Like 3