• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

601a887c85e942f8a84d8fb3dbf5ab82_origina

What do you think guys? Automatic regulator with central second hand, sapphire crystal with AR, two straps with quick release bars, travel case, free delivery all for 230 dollars.

I think it is very interesting and very original. I think it's great value at around £178. Before I back it I would like to know what people with more knowledge about watches think about it:)

The campaign is on Kickstarter. 

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/zumwatches/the-r1-a-regulator-watch-to-drive-with

• Like 1

I want to like it but the effects of pareidolia keep making me see a sort of dim-witted Cyberman.

I'd prefer a tri-compax layout with the seconds displayed in a third subdial.  Not so easy to read perhaps, but a funkier and more interesting design that makes better use of the overall dial space.

I don't really understand the link being made between a regulator timepiece and race driving whereas the chronograph suits the subject matter of the styling rather well. 

I also agree also with Scott concerning the use of a central full-length sweep hand for the seconds and would have preferred the minutes to be central with seconds in a register.

Having made those two somewhat negative points, I don't want to be too negative about this project because I do feel it has something going for it and I wish it well for the future, beyond the R1 regulator watch which needs some "adjustment".

• 3 weeks later...

I like it - but I can’t help but think the price might be too good to be true - and I wonder if their supply chain, which enables that price, might have a few issues?

I don’t want to be too negative about the campaign- because they have produced a good looking watch - but sometimes going for the bargain suppliers doesn’t always work out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

On 15/10/2020 at 00:29, Marcin said:
601a887c85e942f8a84d8fb3dbf5ab82_origina

What do you think guys? Automatic regulator with central second hand, sapphire crystal with AR, two straps with quick release bars, travel case, free delivery all for 230 dollars.

I think it is very interesting and very original. I think it's great value at around £178. Before I back it I would like to know what people with more knowledge about watches think about it:)

The campaign is on Kickstarter. 

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/zumwatches/the-r1-a-regulator-watch-to-drive-with

Not good, the central hand should be a minute hand.

The minutes will be difficult to read on that subdial

The outer chapter ring is incomplete, I just don't understand why designers do this.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I think it's awesome!!! But I would never want a regulator, they're just so impossible to read at a quick glance, which is the only value of a wrist watch. Still, I'm pretty impressed by the design and overall look of this one. My initial impression was a literal jaw dropping.