• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Hruodland(Cronos) Aviator watch

I bought this watch on ebay today from the seller that I bought my Cronos Bronze Diver 62MAS from. It was made at the same factory as my Cronos but this watch has a Sellita SW200 automatic movement.

s_l1600(2).jpg

a1(1).jpg

a4(1).jpg

a3(1).jpg

a2(1).jpg

a7(1).jpg

The one I got is bronze but they also make a stainless steel version of this watch. I got it with the SW200 but you can also get it with a PT5000 movement. They are made in the same factory that makes San Martin Watches and parts for alot of Swiss brands.

• Like 1
  • Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I bought this watch on ebay today from the seller that I bought my Cronos Bronze Diver 62MAS from. It was made at the same factory as my Cronos but this watch has a Sellita SW200 automatic movement.

Looks very nice but that crown is way to large for me. 

The crown spoilers the look in my opinion.

Mmmm. Trying to like the crown but it does seem a little oversized, but if you liked over sized or have fine motor skill issues then it would make sense, not taking the mickey on that

I presume that the origin of that big crown is the wearing of gloves by pilots in the days when aircraft cockpits were chilly to say the least. I think a crown like that should be on a suitably large aviator watch designed to be worn over the cuff. 

I have just noticed that this lumed quartz Limit Pilot watch is just £20 on Amazon UK - I couldn't resist showing it here. OK, water resistance is probably more like 30 metres than 300, but Limit has a genuine heritage going back to 1912 and is still an English company. :biggrin:

5747a.png

5747b.png

(Pics from limitwatches.co.uk)

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, The Canon Man said:

A pilots watch needs a big crown because you are expected to wind it with leather gloves on.

I understand what the large crown is for but my personal choice is it would look better if the crown was slightly smaller. Each to their own :yes:

On 18/10/2020 at 20:59, The Canon Man said:

A pilots watch needs a big crown because you are expected to wind it with leather gloves on.

I'm going to be pedantic " not all  vintage pilots lwatches have over large crown/winder '

Edited by chocko