• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Who would you recommend - Tissot battery replacement and seal/test

Hi,

Just wondering who's still on the go in the way of recommended repairers.  It's my Tissot PR50 (quartz) which needs a battery, and I'd like it sealed or tested or whatever they do to confirm the water resistance is preserved.  I'll be dealing by post so it doesn't really matter where in the country.  But I'd like to be confident the work will be done efficiently.

Thanks,  Tony S

Thanks, I thought the repair section looked more about actual repairs, rather than an end user type question.  Anyway I'll leave it here for the moment and if there's no suggestions I'll post there.  I know it's considered bad form to post the same question in several places.  Also I get the impression looking at some of the watch repairer web sites, that battery replacement is a bit mundane for some, compared to say servicing an Omega automatic.

• Like 1

I am, sorry if I was unclear.   I'm looking for someone I can send the watch to, someone who deals with this sort of work as a matter of routine.   There were a few names that I had noted but they don't seem to be around any more, so I was wondering who's doing this sort of work at the moment.   Would rather not send it to Tissot as I had a bad experience in the past, but I suppose that option is still available.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, aesmith said:

I am, sorry if I was unclear.   I'm looking for someone I can send the watch to, someone who deals with this sort of work as a matter of routine.   There were a few names that I had noted but they don't seem to be around any more, so I was wondering who's doing this sort of work at the moment.   Would rather not send it to Tissot as I had a bad experience in the past, but I suppose that option is still available.

In what area do you live ?

36 minutes ago, aesmith said:

Aberdeenshire

Well if you are UK based, as already mentioned, there is a list in the Watchmaking and Repairs forum that can be contacted.

18 minutes ago, Davey P said:

Take it to Timpsons..................... :whistle:  (I'm kidding, please DO NOT take it to Timpsons) :laughing2dw:

What’s with Davey Boris P.......

if your watch needs a repair take it to Timpsons, don’t take it to Timpsons if your watch needs a repair, this is government advice take the watch to Timpsons if safe to do so, don’t take to Timpsons as it’s not safe to do so.... :clap:

• Haha 3
12 minutes ago, Nick Parr 1977 said:

What’s with Davey Boris P.......

if your watch needs a repair take it to Timpsons, don’t take it to Timpsons if your watch needs a repair, this is government advice take the watch to Timpsons if safe to do so, don’t take to Timpsons as it’s not safe to do so.... :clap:

I made it quite clear to the right honourable gentleman Mr Speaker, he should NOT take it to Timpsons under any circumstances... :laughing2dw:

• Haha 2

OK thanks, I'll work my way down the list and see if any of them do this sort of job.  I'm not sure what the qualifying comment "do their own research before committing to a repair." implies, presumably there may be good or bad repairers on the list, however if there are no recommendations I guess I have to take my chances.  To be honest I was hoping someone would have made some sort of suggestion, given that this sort of job is not necessarily right for an outfit that does Rolex or Omega restoration.

56 minutes ago, aesmith said:

OK thanks, I'll work my way down the list and see if any of them do this sort of job.  I'm not sure what the qualifying comment "do their own research before committing to a repair." implies, presumably there may be good or bad repairers on the list, however if there are no recommendations I guess I have to take my chances.  To be honest I was hoping someone would have made some sort of suggestion, given that this sort of job is not necessarily right for an outfit that does Rolex or Omega restoration.

Save yourself lots of agro and email this guy John McGarry at  totalwatchsolutions@gmail.com , he does all our quartzes .... batteries and pressure test.