• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Morning,

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bit of seventies nostalgia today. The fabulous TR6 and the 'Pogue'

Posted Images

18 minutes ago, John_D said:

A good day for a bit of nostalgia, my 1968 21st birthday present :cool:.......

oipO3zq.jpg

THIS was No1 in the charts at the time.......

I passed up a well priced Jaquet Droz a couple of years ago to my everlasting regret!  Superb watch that, John

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Jet Jetski said:

I passed up a well priced Jaquet Droz a couple of years ago to my everlasting regret!  Superb watch that, John

You could say that my one was 'well priced', I seem to remember that my first wife paid about £40 for it.:cool: Still got the watch, haven't seen the wife since 1970........:whistling:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
46 minutes ago, mach 0.0013137 said:

Orient CEM58001B, cal. 469 21 jewels

1192847918_OrientCEM58001Bcal.46921jewels.thumb.gif.f63de203245871645209aaa9aa5a23ee.gif

&

Laco Model 862014, ETA F06

203828453_Laco-Model-862014-ETA-F06-rs2.thumb.gif.13e736a9d5b791a9ce842fad4e3d537d.gif

Old  photos, I`ll take new ones when I feel like it, mind you, it would help if the Sun  made an appearance :rolleyes: 

I`ve just replaced the strap on the Orient for this spare  mesh that I`d forgotten I had...

1632372962_Laco--Orient-DSC_0023.thumb.gif.c842622b59b13b48f23b5f1a4f1f412e.gif

I think it suits the Orient rather well  :biggrin:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
3 hours ago, BondandBigM said:

@Nigelp

More clowning around with the LV today, off out to see if they’ll let me in ASDA 

:laughing2dw: :laughing2dw:

50497468412_25f76ca080_b.jpg

You will probably get a job there as the new meet and greet. 

• Haha 4
10 hours ago, Roger the Dodger said:

I was 21 at the time ( the car pics are from 1975). Bought it for £850, sold it 2 years later for the same money when I couldn't afford a new set of tyres to pass the MOT. If only I'd known then that it was going to become a classic................

That was a lot of money then Rog i remember my dad buying a white citroen ds goddess 21 in about 1978 for £800. They gave him £65 trade in for his 1972 Ford Zephyr. The Goddess seemed a fair lot of money then. Bought it in waterfoot where the locals have webbed fingers and are a lot scary. 

6 hours ago, spinynorman said:

Up shamefully late with this Bucherer ETA 2824 chronometer.

Bucherer ETA 2824 chronometerBucherer ETA 2824

Very classy. 

• Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, Cassie-O said:

Been wearing the newbie all day.  :king:

nsL3zui.jpg

Cassie whose the fella in the picture i know his face cant place him. 

I mean avatar thingy

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Nigelp said:

Cassie whose the fella in the picture i know his face cant place him. 

I mean avatar thingy

The handsome actor Richard Hawley who plays Johnny Connor in Coronation Street.  :king: 

• Thanks 1
8 hours ago, Roger the Dodger said:

Oh dear...

Is that because of my choice of television programme or my choice of men? Don't worry Roger you'll always be in 2nd place with Sir David firmly in 1st place. :laughing2dw::tongue:

• Haha 2
41 minutes ago, Cassie-O said:

Is that because of my choice of television programme or my choice of men? Don't worry Roger you'll always be in 2nd place with Sir David firmly in 1st place. :laughing2dw::tongue:

Definitely the choice of dodgy TV prog! :laughing2dw: I would never dare try to influence your choice of men! Though would Sir David be able to protect you from an 'eight legged freak'......? :hmmm9uh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
28 minutes ago, Roger the Dodger said:

Definitely the choice of dodgy TV prog! :laughing2dw: I would never dare try to influence your choice of men! Though would Sir David be able to protect you from an 'eight legged freak'......? :hmmm9uh:

Ive not watched it since i was a kid does the cat still curl up on the shed roof at half time when the adverts come on. Only watched it as a kid because mum had it on elsie tanner and len fairclough. Hilda ogden. Oh yes i remember em all. Is albert tatlock still in it. 

• Haha 1