• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Morning,

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bit of seventies nostalgia today. The fabulous TR6 and the 'Pogue'

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, Nick Parr 1977 said:

Bet you felt like the dogs danglies driving that, what a car back then for a young lad

I was 21 at the time ( the car pics are from 1975). Bought it for £850, sold it 2 years later for the same money when I couldn't afford a new set of tyres to pass the MOT. If only I'd known then that it was going to become a classic................

• Like 4
30 minutes ago, Nick Parr 1977 said:

So today I am going to be making Halloween cakes with my youngest. May  post the journey on another thread. 

journey will start with trips to get him a chefs outfit and required ingredients. 

93865037-1C47-46EC-905A-860CC9209CA2.jpeg

There is a reason behind the journey post, my youngest has special needs(wouldn’t change him for the world) last week his great grandad and grandma (wife’s side) got taken into a care home for review, sadly Great Grandma passed only after a few days in there and then Wednesday the Great Grandad was rushed into hospital, he is still fighting and with us so the cooking is a distraction for us. Also fun

Edited by Nick Parr 1977
  • Sad 5

Morning,

Back to more familiar territory for me today with this steel-cased Roamer running on a 17j ETA 2390, my only one of several examples of the brand which doesn’t have an MST movement.

It wears slim on the wrist, but has a decent amount of heft to it.

Regards.

Roamer s.s. 2018 v.3.jpg

Roamer s.s. ETA 2390 v.2.jpg

• Like 12
  • Thanks 3

1978 King Seiko 5853 again. 2 things I like about this most. 1 the typical 70s no fuss branding on the dial. More like the name plate on a 1974 Tower Block in Gateshead than the fancy affair you get now on Grand Seiko etc. And 2 the the manual control on the stepper motor see link below.

1602925630926-1468024629.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2
3 hours ago, Roger the Dodger said:

Bit of seventies nostalgia today. The fabulous TR6 and the 'Pogue'
Seiko 6139-6002 'Pepsi/Pogue'

Seiko 6139-6002 'Pepsi/Pogue

You appear to have lasted longer than the TR6 Rog, sadly no longer listed on DVLA's database:(

• Sad 1