• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Sekonda vs Wenger vs Fossil

Hi eveyone, I'm just curious about everyone's opinions...  I got a voucher at work and am going to buy a new watch it, nothing fancy as its only £50 but I'd love to know what people think on these 3... the sekonda looks the part and is half prices but I do like the idea of getting my 1st Swiss Made watch (Wenger) even if it is at the entry end. Then there is the curve ball or the Fossil which I think is really good looking... any thoughts on quality pros and cons etc? Is Wenger actually any better (I knows its never going to be an heirloom piece). Any insight is much appreciated as to the merrits and quality of each. Thanks

Fossil

Wenger

Sekonda

Greetings Watchityou and welcome to the "poorhouse". You will be if you spend any length of time here .

All three of your choices are a bit on the large size for me however the Wenger would be my choice only because I have enough chronographs.

If you sign up for their news letter you might also get more discount !!!!

Thanks John. I don't own a Chrono yet so those 2 jump out but I do like the railway look of the Wenger. I'd like to know if the Wenger is a better watch by any degree given swiss made although not (I think) swiss movement.

Its all v well the sekonda looking good but not if its going to break but both that and and the Wenger would effectively be free

9 minutes ago, Watchityou said:

I'd like to know if the Wenger is a better watch by any degree given swiss made although not (I think) swiss movement.

The Wenger brand is a good one and that watch does indeed have a Swiss quartz movement, so it should be fine. The movemment is going to be pretty basic at that price level but I'd trust Wenger and their support network and of the three it would be my choice.

I've owned alot of nice watches (including Rolex, Omega, Heuer), and currently I have a Wenger Avenue. Bought on a whim from TKMaxx, and I wasn't expecting alot for the £40 I paid. I was, however, really impressed- decent amount of metal in it (often cheap watches are very light, even big ones), with signed crown and screw on caseback. Even has 100m WR, and sapphire coated crystal. 

I put it on a decent mesh (probably worth more than the watch...), and it looks great!

6GpnxgU.jpg

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Watchityou said:

Thanks Mike, any reason for your choice?

Well, like any watch choice it's going to be subjective but they are a reputrable Swiss company so I would expect a well made practical watch from them with a good bit of reliability, and service and support to match.

I like the classic looks, simple and practical, what's not to like. :)

The Wenger is good but not sure why they left the '3' off.  But is is a stainless case - no PVD coating, so I would imagine that would wear very well.  WR is on the light side though at 30m.

Fossil - job well done I think but the 'gold tone' would put me off - will it last? 50m WR, tick.

I'm going sekonda - good lume hopefully = good night visibility, day and date complications are useful, don't like the 24 hr complication but I do have one in my collection and I guess it's just like the AM / PM indicator on a digital watch, which no-one finds offensive, so I'm going Sekonda!

I still have mine from 35 years ago

IMG_20200912_111635950(1)(1).thumb.jpg.2d9a16adc4d8723a3ec13ef5bd20e5c4.jpg

Whichever you choose, they are all nice, and you will enjoy wearing them I am sure.

Edited by Jet Jetski
  • Like 1

"Wenger" for me also.....mine is well made and finished for the price....basic quartz mov't that is Swiss I was told (but could be assembled in Asia) runs well.....cheers p