• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rotary super25 rose  2824 Movement  

Good Morning boys and girls.  SARB Sunday. And a song that always takes me back to my dad trailing me round Burnley on a soggy cold wet Saturday Afternoon when I was a kid. Trying to burn so

Seiko 7002 from 1995

Posted Images

Good Morning boys and girls. 

SARB Sunday.

And a song that always takes me back to my dad trailing me round Burnley on a soggy cold wet Saturday Afternoon when I was a kid. Trying to burn some steam off me. Hes 74 today. Happy Birthday dad where does the time go eh.

1603011364011-754361580.jpg

1603011397569-629589942.jpg

1603011439809521107779.jpg

16030114684481641473217.jpg

• Like 11
13 minutes ago, Graham60 said:

Morning :)

Seiko Sunday for me, Seiko 'Presage' SSA303J1 (Cal: 4R57A)

1646640663_SeikoPresageSSA303J1(Cal4R57A).thumb.jpg.4a01d1c73b5a74c6e82b88d36ab20f7d.jpg

Another cracker. Is it a presage? Just cant see it on the dial. Its getting confusing with all the new models any way lovely thing. Its hard to tell these apart from some Grand Seikos now. Shame about the price hikes recently though I guess it was coming. I wish they did a sarx in 38mm. :thumbsup:

I follow the presage fb page to try and keep up. 

Edited by Nigelp
  • Thanks 1

This creeps in to the 80s, time to see if it's up to some high impact activity, a.k.a. jogging.

IMG_20201018_101642493(1).thumb.jpg.2ed07dc26edff28afe35bd57c6a8a1e8.jpg

Have a great day.

J

9 hours ago, tick-tock-tittle-tattle said:

7T92???

Glad I'm not the only one with insomnia :Snore:

I could not drop off last night, each time I started to nod something else popped into my brain - thanks for reminding me, mustn't forget the FMS alarms need to be muted on 'door open' ...

At least it is Sunday so I could make it up this morning!

• Like 6

So, I’ve put the watch up for sale, just not bonding and it’s too much to have tied up, so a mega search for a replacement will commence. (I can feel the air and life leaving some members body and I apologise) I don’t think I meant to have an auto, I fear I’m a Quartz type of guy. (Again I feel some members will release the hounds to hunt me down) again I apologise 

252C657D-E997-4C57-AC19-B2567DC8EB11.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
47 minutes ago, Nick Parr 1977 said:

So, I’ve put the watch up for sale, just not bonding and it’s too much to have tied up, so a mega search for a replacement will commence. (I can feel the air and life leaving some members body and I apologise) I don’t think I meant to have an auto, I fear I’m a Quartz type of guy. (Again I feel some members will release the hounds to hunt me down) again I apologise 

If you are happy wearing one watch, then you are the perfect 'auto' guy!  How is the rate?

Edited by Jet Jetski
  • Like 2
58 minutes ago, Nick Parr 1977 said:

Not at all whilst i like my autos my real interest has come to lie with the quartz of the early 70s to early 80s. Particularly the high end ones from Seiko. They are gems of engineering technology and reasonably priced good looking things. Have a look at the Grand and king Quartz and if funds permit the quartz superior from the 70s. Look at the twin quartz from the last of line early 80s. And you will find some superb things with an accuracy of around +10 seconds a year. Some great understated designs from that period. Maybe its an age thing i was a kid when quartz were king. I would love a 1972 Seiko Quartz Astron more than any other watch. @scottswatches is on my wave length with this i think, looking at some of his recent watches including a cracking snowflake grand twin quartz. 

Me en scott are from the same generation age group that might be a reason why these old seiko quartz are striking a cord as we get old eh scott. :biggrin:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1