• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Clever stuff from Seiko

Last night,  when deciding which watch to wear this next few days, made my mind up on the Seiko Black Solar Chrono.

It hadn't see daylight for about 10 weeks, so when I went to set the time I was pleasantly surprised to see the Seiko was almost exactly sync'd with my G-Shock. Only the date needed changed, hidden by minute hand, but never touched the time.

Clever stuff by Team Seiko :notworthy: :notworthy:

shr_1306.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
19 minutes ago, Hayballs said:

Clever stuff by Team Seiko 

Does the Seiko "go to sleep"?

I had a perpetual Citizen (solar) and if it was left in darkness, everything stopped until daylight triggered it back into life sending the hands whizzing until they set at the correct time.

• Like 2
39 minutes ago, WRENCH said:

Does the Seiko "go to sleep"?

I had a perpetual Citizen (solar) and if it was left in darkness, everything stopped until daylight triggered it back into life sending the hands whizzing until they set at the correct time.

Just like the Seiko Kinetic Auto Relay, sit it a drawer and it sleeps for upto 4 YEARS and springs back to life (and the right time) with a little shake.

A very clever watch movement.

23 minutes ago, tick-tock-tittle-tattle said:

Just like the Seiko Kinetic Auto Relay, sit it a drawer and it sleeps for upto 4 YEARS and springs back to life (and the right time) with a little shake.

A very clever watch movement.

Make a good watch for a vampire, they sleep for long periods then `spring back to life`.:tongue:

• Haha 2