• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Vita brand (Type 105115 - 17Jewels Calendar)

Hi all,

I'm pretty new to watches and I do have this Vita 105115 mechanical watch.
I really like it, but I cannot find any info about it on the web? Nor about the brand, nor about the type. (all search results go to Viita smartwatches or to Longines Dolce Vita :()

Does anybody have any info about this brand? Or about this watch in particular?

It's Swiss made. Family-rumours guess it's from around 1945 (or later), but i'm not sure.
I'm trying to add pictures but don't know how that works on this forum...

Extra info:
17 Jevels - Calendar type
Hands have some glow-in-the-dark inside them.
It mentions: shockproof, waterproof, anti-magnetic, phinastar

State:
Currently not working but pretty clean on first sight. I suppose it will need lubrication and a new spring?

Thanks in Advance! 
Jens

IMG-4455.pngIMG-4738.pngIMG-4931.pngIMG-9264.png

Welcome Jens,

I'm afraid your images are too small for me to detect any details of the watch, but the "Vita" brand is attributed to Juillerat Freres/ Alvarez SA of  Malleray, Switzerland, unfortunately with no date of registration given.

There are "stickies" on the Forum main page with guidance on how to post images.

Regards.

Hi Balaton1109,

Thanks for welcoming me! This forum seems like a great place to learn some new things!

I managed to get some bigger pictures i think. Let's see below this post.

Thanks already for your info! So it seems that Vita is a small side-company? That explains why the internet isn't giving too many details of course.

Ty9K5sd.jpglq60wc0.jpghehbcLx.jpg

1 hour ago, Jens said:

Hi Balaton1109,

Thanks for welcoming me! This forum seems like a great place to learn some new things!

I managed to get some bigger pictures i think. Let's see below this post.

Thanks already for your info! So it seems that Vita is a small side-company? That explains why the internet isn't giving too many details of course.

Ty9K5sd.jpglq60wc0.jpghehbcLx.jpg

Well, thanks to the better images, I can say that the movement is an uncommon Brac 107, a Swiss-made 11.5 lignes pin-lever calibre, Yours is the "smooth balance" version.

Vita would have been merely one of countless brands which flourished briefly and without making any real impact. No significant monetary value, which I'm sure won't matter as it seems to be a family heirloom.

Regards.

Regards.

Thanks for your help!! Very interesting
Indeed monetary value is not the matter. But it would be great to have it working again.

IIs suppose that a new mainspring and some lubrication wel already help to get it moving again. Maybe better to have that done by a watchmaker...

1 hour ago, Jens said:

Thanks for your help!! Very interesting
Indeed monetary value is not the matter. But it would be great to have it working again.

IIs suppose that a new mainspring and some lubrication wel already help to get it moving again. Maybe better to have that done by a watchmaker...

"Vita" was a brand registered to Juillerat Freres in Malleray, Switzerland. My reference book says it was listed in 1966, but doesn't give a source. Also, the list of features on the dial includes "Phinastar", which was a brand of mainspring registered to W. Schwab-Feller, Uhrfedernfabrik «Phina», Büren in 1956. The registration ran till 1996, but was mainly advertised in the 1960s.