• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Buying advice for Nomos Orion neomatik 41 date & wrist size

I am trying to make my mind up about buying a Nomos Orion neomatik 41 date 360; the only reason I am hesitating is concern about it being too big for my wrist. Here are the main points affecting my decision:

• From the Nomos web site the case diameter is 40.5 mm; from a review I saw somewhere I believe the lug to lug is 50.7 mm. 
  • My wrist size is: circumference 17.0 cm (6.69 ") and width 6.00 cm (2.36 ").
  • I already have a slighter smaller watch that I happy with: it has case diameter of 40.0 mm and lug to lug of 47.0 mm. The size looks OK on my wrist.
  • This will be an online purchase - I can't try the watch on first at a dealer (I don't think any UK dealers actually stock it in stores anyway).

I would be grateful for any comments or advice.

22 minutes ago, Polyfun said:

I would be grateful for any comments or advice.

I would make doubly sure that you can return the watch for a full no quibble refund first. :yes:

Just in case.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, WRENCH said:

I would make doubly sure that you can return the watch for a full no quibble refund first. :yes:

Just in case.

Good advice. Apparently there is a 14 day refund window, whether it will be no quibble is another matter! I will be very careful with the watch when I get it - no removal of stickers etc. I would need to work out how to "try it" without voiding the refund.

4 minutes ago, Polyfun said:

Good advice. Apparently there is a 14 day refund window, whether it will be no quibble is another matter! I will be very careful with the watch when I get it - no removal of stickers etc. I would need to work out how to "try it" without voiding the refund.

Shouldn’t be a problem provided you’re careful with it. Big M buys a ton of stuff online these days and sends some back that either didn’t fit or wasn’t to her expectations and hasn’t had any issues.

I've got a feeling that wearing a 41mm Nomos will be like strapping a wall clock to your wrist.

I will owned a lovely 35mm Orion which wore perfectly as a dress watch on my 7.25 inch wrist.

I've also owned two Nomos Clubs in the 37mm size which wore great as conservative casual watches.

In summary, Nomos watches tend to wear larger than their dimensions suggest due to the fact that the bezels are so thin - they are "all dial". I would be very wary of a 41mm version.

• Like 1

I like the 41 mm 360 because of the big date and it’s automatic with a later movement - the smaller Orion date is manual wind and an older movement. I wish would Nomos would bring out a smaller version of the 360, keeping everything else the same.